You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Arturo Vidal [Arturo Erasmo Vidal Pardo]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Arturo Vidal [Arturo Erasmo Vidal Pardo]

Postby pyrasur » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:19 pm

ottackon wrote:How Broken Is Bayern Munich Midfielder Arturo Vidal?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2578 ... turo-vidal?

Argh! I naively clicked on a trusty Ottackon link only to be sent to a Clark Whitney article. :cry: At least the last time I mistakenly was directed to a CW special it wasn't half bad. :)
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ottackon » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:25 pm

What's the matter with Clark Whitney ?
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby quaazi » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:35 pm

He's a charlatan of a journalist, that's what.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby pyrasur » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:57 pm

I'm pretty sure most people still boycott his "articles". TBH there are no good BR reporters, at least that I've seen for the Bundesliga.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:30 pm

It is quite a dilemma isnt it? The only way to push them out of publishing is to not click on their clickbates, but one always feels a bit of curiosity even if we all know it will all just be BS.
PunkCapitalist

Postby SBash22 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:19 pm

the funny thing about Vidal is.... he seems hurt and it feels as if he's going to miss time....

yet, he's in the starting lineup or coming in as a sub pretty much every game

so in his eyes, clearly he's healthy enough to continue to play

luckily with Bayern, they dont need him to play 90 minutes every game.... and they have winter break upcoming where he can finally get a much needed break to recover a bit
SBash22
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SBash22 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:36 pm

as I said.... we keep hearing he's hurt....

he just put in a 90 minute performance.... I'm sure he coulda used a rest, but he knew they needed some bodies to play today
SBash22
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ottackon » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:13 am

All apologies Norman, you were right from the beginning.
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby endrity » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:50 am

I think it would be best for all if Vidal moves to the DM role. He doesn't have the same athleticism that he once had, but can still be a great ball winner if he's asked to play ahead of the defense and not more. He also has good technical skills so distribution should be ok, and he seems like a willing learner. This way we might be able to solve the Alonso issue without forever expecting Javi to come back. A more dynamic #10 (Gotze), or Muller in the middle with Robben/Coman/Ribery on the wings to complement Douglas, like in 2013, can then help to unlock defenses. But a middle 3 of Alonso-Thiago-Vidal has some very clear shortcomings in these games.
Last edited by endrity on Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:57 am

endrity wrote:I think it would be best for all if Vidal moves to the DM role. He doesn't have the same athleticism that he once had, but can still be a great ball winner if he's asked to play in ahead of the defense and not more. He also has good technical skills so distribution should be ok, and he seems like a willing learner. This way we might be able to solve the Alonso issue without forever expecting Javi to come back. A more dynamic #10, or Muller in the middle with Robben/Coman/Ribery, like in 2013, can then help to unlock defenses. But a middle 3 of Alonso-Thiago-Vidal has some very clear shortcomings in these games.

don't worry everything will be solved come next June... change of tactics and players will get to their original preferred positions.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby endrity » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:02 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
endrity wrote:I think it would be best for all if Vidal moves to the DM role. He doesn't have the same athleticism that he once had, but can still be a great ball winner if he's asked to play in ahead of the defense and not more. He also has good technical skills so distribution should be ok, and he seems like a willing learner. This way we might be able to solve the Alonso issue without forever expecting Javi to come back. A more dynamic #10, or Muller in the middle with Robben/Coman/Ribery, like in 2013, can then help to unlock defenses. But a middle 3 of Alonso-Thiago-Vidal has some very clear shortcomings in these games.

don't worry everything will be solved come next June... change of tactics and players will get to their original preferred positions.

We seem to have become Arsenal/Liverpool, forever waiting for next June to solve our problems while a generation of incredibly talented players might win much less than they could have.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby albanian7 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:50 pm

endrity wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

We seem to have become Arsenal/Liverpool, forever waiting for next June to solve our problems while a generation of incredibly talented players might win much less than they could have.

Not every June. The next June is supposed to be the June when we change the coach. But it's a shame we couldn't make use of a Lahm, Robben, Ribery, Schweinsteiger, Alonso generation. And it's a shame we have players like Boa, Alaba, Lewy, Müller that didn't get the chance to play to their strengths and dominate Europe since 2013
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:17 pm

:(:cry:

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RAJBAYERN » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:49 pm

endrity wrote:I think it would be best for all if Vidal moves to the DM role.

If Javi Martinez is fit, I prefer him as our first DM option, and Xabi Alonso as the second choice, because he is playing better than Vidal.

Since Vidal reach to Bayern, many people consider him the "replacement" of Schweinsteiger, but after watching the performance of Thiago in the last game, it is clear that Thiago is the real new Schweini, and Vidal has not argument to have a place in the starting XI.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:39 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:
endrity wrote:I think it would be best for all if Vidal moves to the DM role.

If Javi Martinez is fit, I prefer him as our first DM option, and Xabi Alonso as the second choice, because he is playing better than Vidal.

Since Vidal reach to Bayern, many people consider him the "replacement" of Schweinsteiger, but after watching the performance of Thiago in the last game, it is clear that Thiago is the real new Schweini, and Vidal has not argument to have a place in the starting XI.

That's a misunderstanding, Vidal is more like Thiago than a Holding Midfielder. There is no Schweini in our current setup. Bringing Vidal in was a good choice because it helps in pressing and winning back balls and he is good (not as good as Thiago, but good) going forward.

Imagine Thiago were to get an injury. Who would take up that role? Only Vidal can. That's the position he played for Juve BTW.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion