You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Arturo Vidal [Arturo Erasmo Vidal Pardo]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Arturo Vidal [Arturo Erasmo Vidal Pardo]

Postby prasun77 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:32 pm

I think Carlo was a slow poison..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby aterford » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:25 pm

It will be interesting to see how and where he plays going forward. IMO, he was much better yesterday in a more advanced role than he's been all season. I wonder if we could make it work with Thiago and Rudy pivot with Vidal playing #10?
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:27 pm

aterford wrote:It will be interesting to see how and where he plays going forward. IMO, he was much better yesterday in a more advanced role than he's been all season. I wonder if we could make it work with Thiago and Rudy pivot with Vidal playing #10?
You mean Thiago and Javi pivot, right.

Deluded Rudy fans

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:48 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
aterford wrote:It will be interesting to see how and where he plays going forward. IMO, he was much better yesterday in a more advanced role than he's been all season. I wonder if we could make it work with Thiago and Rudy pivot with Vidal playing #10?
You mean Thiago and Javi pivot, right.

Deluded Rudy fans

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

I like Javi just fine, and I've been hard on Rudy myself, but I'm certainly not 'deluded'. Check the stats yourself before you start flinging insults around.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernFL117 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:54 pm

After yesterdays game I'm all in on selling him after this season.I know it was an all around bad game but Tolisso plays the same role except with less hard tackling. Idk I feel like getting Vidal just didn't work for us, its time to move on.
BayernFL117
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:52 pm

Look at this gem of a video I found :lol: :lol:

Can't see tweet? Click here!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:59 am

A.D "I have heard all what was being said about me, however ..." https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/9 ... 2321957888

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:55 am

MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:56 am

he is doing his best to increase his price ! Danke Jupp =D>
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:33 pm

And Vidal is playing great under him.To be honest,the age is not a factor for Arturo he is always at 110 %,and it's going to be a tough for me to see him playing in another team.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:35 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:And Vidal is playing great under him.To be honest,the age is not a factor for Arturo he is always at 110 %,and it's going to be a tough for me to see him playing in another team.

Yes, but...

Martinez, Rudy, Tolisso, Sanches, Goretzka...
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:57 pm

MUTU wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:And Vidal is playing great under him.To be honest,the age is not a factor for Arturo he is always at 110 %,and it's going to be a tough for me to see him playing in another team.

Yes, but...

Martinez, Rudy, Tolisso, Sanches, Goretzka...

Well,i think Bayern clearly showed that with Leon transfer they are not planning to bring Renato back at this moment;

I just cannot understand why we should sell Vidal given the fact that he loves to play in Münich,as i said earlier-is giving everything and is almost everytime on of the top 3 players on the pitch.

I'd rather sell Rudy,not Vidal.It was making sense when they bring him for free at the start of the season,but if we look who will be still be in a red jersey in let's say-3,4 years,these players will probably be -well,i'm sure only for Tolisso and Goretzka.They are our players for the future,i'm still not sure what will our board will decide for Renato.

I'm trying to say that i would prefer to use Vidal for at least 1 or 2 years more,instead of sorry to said that,but pretty average player like Rudy (this is the current situation for me;1 assist in 1300 minutes in the red jersey,not a proper DM,not a proper CM,AM..),and given the fact that Rudy is not much younger than Vidal (6 goals,2 assists in 1600 minutes,4 times MOM in the Bundesliga).
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby aterford » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:46 pm

What's concerning to me is that he was quite poor under Ancelotti (admittedly, most were) but that Vidal was specifically singled out by Jupp for being in poor fitness and seemingly having let himself slack off a bit. It wasn't until Heynckes' return that he found himself getting back to top match fitness level and working hard again. So the fact that all indications are still that Heynckes won't be back next season doesn't bode well for Vidal IMO - he seemed pretty content to 'coast' under Ancelotti, why should we think he won't do the same with a new coach?

And of course we have to ask: will Vidal accept a short-term extension? He is, of course, out of contract in 2019. So we sell, extend, or lose for free. I highly doubt we let him go for free and I wouldn't be surprised if he's reluctant to sign a one-year contract. That's effectively a signal that we believe you're nearing the end of top-level play, and IMO Vidal thinks (and he might not be wrong) that he can still contribute at a top level for another 4 or 5 years. So I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't want a one-year extension and rather sought a move elsewhere.

Further....while we're not strapped for cash....Vidal is still going to fetch far more money than anyone we're going to (realistically) sell. Certainly more than Rudy or Sanches at this point. Like I said - money isn't really a concern, but it's always good to maximize ROI.
And I think it's worth noting that Falk's poll of ~1600 fans felt Vidal should be first man out...Similarly at Bavarian Football Works in a poll of ~900 people, ~80% felt Vidal should be sold (in comparison to Thiago)
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby DerKaiser » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:38 pm

aterford wrote:What's concerning to me is that he was quite poor under Ancelotti (admittedly, most were) but that Vidal was specifically singled out by Jupp for being in poor fitness and seemingly having let himself slack off a bit. It wasn't until Heynckes' return that he found himself getting back to top match fitness level and working hard again. So the fact that all indications are still that Heynckes won't be back next season doesn't bode well for Vidal IMO - he seemed pretty content to 'coast' under Ancelotti, why should we think he won't do the same with a new coach?

And of course we have to ask: will Vidal accept a short-term extension? He is, of course, out of contract in 2019. So we sell, extend, or lose for free. I highly doubt we let him go for free and I wouldn't be surprised if he's reluctant to sign a one-year contract. That's effectively a signal that we believe you're nearing the end of top-level play, and IMO Vidal thinks (and he might not be wrong) that he can still contribute at a top level for another 4 or 5 years. So I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't want a one-year extension and rather sought a move elsewhere.

Further....while we're not strapped for cash....Vidal is still going to fetch far more money than anyone we're going to (realistically) sell. Certainly more than Rudy or Sanches at this point. Like I said - money isn't really a concern, but it's always good to maximize ROI.
And I think it's worth noting that Falk's poll of ~1600 fans felt Vidal should be first man out...Similarly at Bavarian Football Works in a poll of ~900 people, ~80% felt Vidal should be sold (in comparison to Thiago)

for me he is so much a better player in theory, he has given up on trying to remain a top athlete, back in the day when he was playing for Leverkussen and looking to change thats when i hoped he would come to us but fck off rudy völler, hes a great player but no longer in shape nor in the mood to give us that extra Effenberg/van Bommel boost
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:52 am

Arturo Vidal completed 14 tackles against Schalke. No player in Europe's top 5 leagues completed more in a single game this season [WhoScored]
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion