You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Alphonso Davies [Alphonso Boyle Davies]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Alphonso Davies [Alphonso Boyle Davies]

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:57 pm

TAA is playing on the right.

IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby sherpthederp » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:41 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:TAA is playing on the right.

8:58 they snuck in some Alaba action lol
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby aterford » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:22 pm

FWIW the guy who posted those radars didn't post one for Robertson (it was more or less meant to be 'best young fullbacks - Robbo is 25) - but said he did generate it and that basically Robertson had marginally better defensive stats than TAA but otherwise the rest was about the same.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:28 pm

156 fucking won duels :lol:
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:04 pm

bastos80 wrote:Image

What exactly is a "successful cross/corner"? Opposite of Müller against Schalke?

They probably mean to a teammate?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:25 pm

#12 wrote:
bastos80 wrote:Image

What exactly is a "successful cross/corner"? Opposite of Müller against Schalke?

They probably mean to a teammate?

Analogous to succesful passes I guess.
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:33 pm

This guy needs a rest imo. He's not been poor but for these past couple of games he's clearly showing a bit of fatigue to my eye. Maybe give Lucas a start at LB (or Lucas Cb, Alaba LB) and let him get a small break. Need him fully fit and non-fatigued for the BVB match!
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:08 pm

aterford wrote:This guy needs a rest imo. He's not been poor but for these past couple of games he's clearly showing a bit of fatigue to my eye. Maybe give Lucas a start at LB (or Lucas Cb, Alaba LB) and let him get a small break. Need him fully fit and non-fatigued for the BVB match!

Absolutely. It was clear that he was super tired today, still, he managed to put a decent performance. I hope Flick will consider resting him or/with Pavard against Union - there are a lot of options currently with Odriozola sitting on the bench, looking today the way that Lucas was dribbling in the last minutes I think he's pretty much back to full strength. Also, Javi is back, but I think he's never starting for Bayern again.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby aterford » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:16 am

So, just for fun...

If you recall, Davies finished 18th ("last") in the 2019 Golden Boy award rankings....

Here's the full list. How many of these players are performing better than Davies this season?

1. Joao Felix
2. Sancho
3. Havertz
4. Haaland
5. De Ligt
6. Fati
7. Foden
8. Donnarumma
9. Zaniolo
10. Malen
11. Mount
12. Rodrygo
13. Vinicius Jr
14. Kean
15. Lunin
16. Joveljic
17. Guendouzi
18. Davies

Maybe I'm a homer, but if you re-ranked those same players today IMO it'd probably be something like 1. Sancho 2. Haaland 3. Davies, TBH..... (you can swap Haaland and Sancho if you like). For me the rest are all behind him, this season at least.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby #12 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:29 am

aterford wrote:So, just for fun...

If you recall, Davies finished 18th ("last") in the 2019 Golden Boy award rankings....

Here's the full list. How many of these players are performing better than Davies this season?

1. Joao Felix
2. Sancho
3. Havertz
4. Haaland
5. De Ligt
6. Fati
7. Foden
8. Donnarumma
9. Zaniolo
10. Malen
11. Mount
12. Rodrygo
13. Vinicius Jr
14. Kean
15. Lunin
16. Joveljic
17. Guendouzi
18. Davies

Maybe I'm a homer, but if you re-ranked those same players today IMO it'd probably be something like 1. Sancho 2. Haaland 3. Davies, TBH..... (you can swap Haaland and Sancho if you like). For me the rest are all behind him, this season at least.
Kinda... Gotta keep in mind though offense players are more "flashy“ and thus making a bigger impact... He's not too far behind...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sherpthederp » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:38 am

IsiahRashad wrote:
aterford wrote:This guy needs a rest imo. He's not been poor but for these past couple of games he's clearly showing a bit of fatigue to my eye. Maybe give Lucas a start at LB (or Lucas Cb, Alaba LB) and let him get a small break. Need him fully fit and non-fatigued for the BVB match!

Absolutely. It was clear that he was super tired today, still, he managed to put a decent performance. I hope Flick will consider resting him or/with Pavard against Union - there are a lot of options currently with Odriozola sitting on the bench, looking today the way that Lucas was dribbling in the last minutes I think he's pretty much back to full strength. Also, Javi is back, but I think he's never starting for Bayern again.

I’m glad Flick recognized it to an extent and had Alaba share his attacking duties. Davies sat back for half the match while Alaba went forward and provided width. Obviously not as good as 100% resting him, but it seems that Flick is not oblivious to his condition. Hopefully by next week Lucas will be fit enough to start or at least play more than half the match. Davies is amazing but I don’t want to see him run into the ground.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:40 pm

To be fair, if Davies runs into the ground, he'd form a crater.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:26 am

Manchester United missed out on Alphonso Davies after reportedly rejecting 40 reports to sign the Bayern Munich star.

Former United scout Jorge Alvial recommended the Canadian teenager after seeing him as a 14-year-old at the Dallas Cup youth tournament. Alvial was adamant that Davies could become a future superstar at Old Trafford but his calls fell on deaf ears.

And it’s Bayern who have benefited from their carelessness. Alvial told the Manchester Evening News : It was my first player that I recommended to United when they hired me. The first time I saw him he was playing at the Dallas Cup tournament and he was a very good player. He was only 14 then, he went back to Vancouver and then when I was watching him on videos with my son, Javier, and said: Wait a second. We remember that player, that is Alphonso. And that is when I called.

Alvial said: I feel very, very strongly about him. He is physical, intelligent. When I saw what he had without proper development and coaching I knew that the kid would come to Manchester United or to any team, and he would just jump. I sat down with him when I went to see him and I had a conversation with him. That is what I do when I scout, I had a conversation with him and you can tell the kid he was smart, he wanted to learn, he was witty at the same time.

He wasn't the typical kid who just wanted to be a superstar and wanted to make some money and buy a car. The things he was just saying. This kid has everything. But, the things that he showed at that age I went - Wow. This is a superstar. Right away for two years, I recommended him at Man United. Without a doubt in mind, and I wrote over 40 reports when I was at Man United.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Snowcrash » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:52 pm

Yelling at someone for not passing likely before he came to Bayern.

https://vm.tiktok.com/pPbAgs/
Snowcrash
First post

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:57 pm

IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion