You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Alphonso Davies [Alphonso Boyle Davies]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Alphonso Davies [Alphonso Boyle Davies]

Postby sherpthederp » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:49 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I seem to remember everyone being excited about him too (unlike Gnabry). He might replace Coman very soon imo.
Super fast def line up... as I think mutu said...

3.4.3 total football with ten Hag.

Pavard Lucas Alaba
Kimmich. Davies
Tolisso Thiago

Gnabry. Lewa. Sane

I would fully support this lineup. Plenty of speed, an aggressive libero to step in and snuff out attacks through the middle and a scary front line
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:49 pm

The Phonz
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:50 pm

He has convinced me so far. I hope he keeps getting games at LB. Provided he continues to do well then we promote him to LW next season at Coman’s expense or maybe send him on loan somewhere and he comes back like Gnabry.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:31 pm

What a player. Congrats Brazzo.
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:26 pm

IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Machiavellico » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:41 pm

This kid had no right to play THIS GOOD out of position against what are, arguably, two of the best attacking wonderkids out there right now. And, yet, he did not allow anything on that side of the pitch. Anything

Are we really going off script and we re going to say that our scouting team actually found a hidden gem? Surely this cannot be possible

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Romania

Postby bastos80 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:44 pm

Machiavellico wrote:This kid had no right to play THIS GOOD out of position against what are, arguably, two of the best attacking wonderkids out there right now. And, yet, he did not allow anything on that side of the pitch. Anything

Are we really going off script and we re going to say that our scouting team actually found a hidden gem? Surely this cannot be possible

Is it really "out of position" by now?
Games in that excuse of a league in the MLS don't count. This is adult's football now.
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Machiavellico » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:52 pm

bastos80 wrote:
Machiavellico wrote:This kid had no right to play THIS GOOD out of position against what are, arguably, two of the best attacking wonderkids out there right now. And, yet, he did not allow anything on that side of the pitch. Anything

Is it really "out of position" by now?
Games in that excuse of a league in the MLS don't count. This is adult's football now.

Yeah, you are definitely right. Credit to the Canadian coaches who started playing him at wing back(though I am sure Bayern's would've picked up on that as well). It's clear that the kid has great defensive abilities and, on top of that, excellent dribbling. I really wish he took that shot in the second half when Coman crossed it to him. A goal from him would've definitely sent the stadium through the roof.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Romania

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:41 am

The scary part about him is that he is still very raw! He is not closed to the finished article and could either be the next great wing back similar to Marcelo and Ashley Cole or maybe he furthers his attacking abilities and becomes one fo the best wing forwards in his generation. I hope Bayern gives him time in both areas so he can get a good feel for both positions.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aaaaaa » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:49 am

kid is crazy good, would really like to see him on the wing
aaaaaa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:26 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:Forget the notion that he should get a chance as a winger, and embrace our Alaba successor.

Yep, agreed. My feeling with Phonzie was in general that I'd rather him be a winger but that if playing LB got him on the pitch, so be it (Like with Kimmich, I get the feeling that he has that quality where he just needs to be in the game - position is secondary at times) - but now, yeah, I'm with you here. I've seen enough at LB to say that I'd be happy if he only ever played there for the rest of his time with us. It's just obviously working, no need to fix what's not broken.

Though it would be kinda nice to see him get some reps against a lower-level opponent at LW once we get healthy and can get Alaba back at LB again, haha. Still curious to see how he'd do now that he's so been noticeably improving his overall game
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:01 pm

I am going to say this but he is currently our best defender and he isn't even a natural defender. Like Hernandez, he attacks the opponent instead of back paddling 50 meters and staying 5 meters away from his opponent to let him freely do what he wants with comfort. Instead, he doesn't give his opponent time and actually tries to take the ball from the opponent's feet. He even blocks crosses which none of our other defenders usually do (because they are a KM away :P).

His team mates should actually learn from his defensive approach. Although in this match, everyone was better than usual in pressing.

Watch these examples (match time)

7:50 Doesn't give Sancho one cm and constantly follows him, forcing him to lose the ball
https://ok.ru/video/1781791591014

61:40, 84:27, at 84:58 he stands his ground, "You shall not pass" mode, back peddling to the penalty area deactivated :P , 87:27.
https://ok.ru/video/1781863877222
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby zozon » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:20 pm

Agreed. It seems like he is getting some defensive tips from Cholo himself (i.e Hernandez). He is going into players with his speed and body, not waiting for them to come at him.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bluetiger » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:27 am

keep playing Phonzie at LB, send alaba to CDM since also has always wanted to play there. Alaba has the passing, defense, distribution and canon left foot to shoot from distance and distribute the ball. Kimmich back to RB, he is world class there.
bluetiger
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:25 am

bluetiger wrote:keep playing Phonzie at LB, send alaba to CDM since also has always wanted to play there. Alaba has the passing, defense, distribution and canon left foot to shoot from distance and distribute the ball. Kimmich back to RB, he is world class there.
A very good alternative.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion