You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Alphonso Davies [Alphonso Boyle Davies]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Alphonso Davies

Postby Achilles » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:59 pm

I like him, he seems very determined and serious plus that his body is insane for his age, completely jacked this shows hard-working mentality and determination.
LB,LW dunno it's on the coach but this kid needs time and guidance, came from a completely different world and low-level straight to an elite team.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby zozon » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:20 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
zozon wrote:I can tell so many examples where Alaba fcked it up the same way so many times.

Davies never played LB in Canada, so theres that. We cant expect for him to behave like Lizarazu.

Recently he has played LB for Canada. This summer in the Gold Cup he played LB on more than a couple occasions.

I meant in Vancouver.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:38 pm

Achilles wrote:I like him, he seems very determined and serious plus that his body is insane for his age, completely jacked this shows hard-working mentality and determination.
LB,LW dunno it's on the coach but this kid needs time and guidance, came from a completely different world and low-level straight to an elite team.

Yes, my brother. I also don't care if he plays as a LB or LW.
He just needs the playing time, the kid has everything in himself to succeed.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby #12 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:07 pm

Think he’s wasted as LB and actually do not see him rack up more minutes there than playing LW, so... Well...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aaaaaa » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:05 am

This kid should not be playing LB, he is special, crazy pace and good finshing, dont want to be to optimistic but he reminds me of Mbappe at 18
aaaaaa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Achilles » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:09 am

We shouldn't bother too much about his position right now. As Kimmich once said and I agree at this stage of his career he only needs serious playing time and trust even if he facks up which is normal. Sadly with Kovac on the wheel I don't see that happening but since Flick got on board I'm more relaxed about the young guys. Nevertheless Davies needs to be taken care of imagine how Renato who came from a great European club with huge success(domestic double,EURO) and struggled big time, Davies came from Canada(!) and MLS... what he supposed to consider as top was extinguished in the first training session at Saebener Strasse, it's not easy to change that mindset.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:02 pm

#12 wrote:Think he’s wasted as LB and actually do not see him rack up more minutes there than playing LW, so... Well...

I'm in the same boat. I feel he'd be able to reach much greater heights at LW.

For now it's OK if he gets minutes at LB, better than nothing, but eventually I hope to see him at LW.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:05 pm

Could live with RW as well...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:19 pm

No chance he'll make it as a winger, not good enough 1v1. He'll be perfect as a modern wing back.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:34 pm

Yes, I noticed his 1v1 is quite weak as well but I'm sure it is because he is still adapting to European tempo and defenders.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Mavs » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:47 pm

I'd like to see Phonzie at the wing. He's got the speed and the power. One doesn't have to be a trick-machine to be a lethal winger.
Mavs
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:09 pm

When they were young, Alaba, Marcelo, Jordi Alba, Mendy and Alex Sandro all had winger qualities too, but standards have gone that much higher. There's no shame in being an elite wingback, in fact there's a greater niche for it.
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby zozon » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:46 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:No chance he'll make it as a winger, not good enough 1v1. He'll be perfect as a modern wing back.

Gnabry literally is the same in 1v1. And I dont see him playing DM.
zozon
I post all the time

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:48 pm

zozon wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:No chance he'll make it as a winger, not good enough 1v1. He'll be perfect as a modern wing back.

Lol! No he isn't. :lol:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:12 pm

zozon wrote:

Gnabry won't make it as a winger either.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion