You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Alphonso Davies [Alphonso Boyle Davies]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Alphonso Davies

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:09 pm

So... about Brazzo's aim of not hyping up the kid... :lol:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Jorge » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:20 pm

MUTU wrote:It'll wear off after a while.

Die Mannschaft: 2014-2018.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Pelin » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:30 am

He is really strong and pacey player. he went for every ball. this made me pleased. however, he needs to adapt to high level. we must give him some time to adjust and we must lower our expectations.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:03 pm

Kovač: "Alphonso Davies is a boy who is ahead of his age. He is further than our youth players"
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:14 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Kovač: "Alphonso Davies is a boy who is ahead of his age. He is further than our youth players"
And probably more than some of the seniors
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:51 pm

Alphonso Davies on the UCL draw: “I woke up and checked my phone and saw that we drew Liverpool, and I got a big smile on my face, because a friend of mine actually plays in their academy. He messaged me, so I’m excited about it and looking forward to the matches. I spoke to Kingsley Coman, and he told me that when we train don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Because it happens, but when you make that mistake, try and get the ball back as quickly as possible, and don’t be afraid to try and do things to express yourself on the team. I experienced that the ball is the most important thing. When you have the ball, the other team can’t do anything. That’s the model of the team: To try and keep the ball and try to break the team down and weave the ball side to side and end up with a cross or finish. ” [SI]
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby America USA » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:06 am

Need to stop overhyping this kid before he’s played a single professional game for Bayern. I’m willing to wait and watch with this guy.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:46 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Alphonso Davies on the UCL draw: “I woke up and checked my phone and saw that we drew Liverpool, and I got a big smile on my face, because a friend of mine actually plays in their academy. He messaged me, so I’m excited about it and looking forward to the matches. I spoke to Kingsley Coman, and he told me that when we train don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Because it happens, but when you make that mistake, try and get the ball back as quickly as possible, and don’t be afraid to try and do things to express yourself on the team. I experienced that the ball is the most important thing. When you have the ball, the other team can’t do anything. That’s the model of the team: To try and keep the ball and try to break the team down and weave the ball side to side and end up with a cross or finish. ” [SI]
Fack. That thing about the ball and the obsession with having it. Plus the side to side BS and crossing or finishing... Facepalm. Our sh!t tactics are on purpose!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:00 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Alphonso Davies on the UCL draw: “I woke up and checked my phone and saw that we drew Liverpool, and I got a big smile on my face, because a friend of mine actually plays in their academy. He messaged me, so I’m excited about it and looking forward to the matches. I spoke to Kingsley Coman, and he told me that when we train don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Because it happens, but when you make that mistake, try and get the ball back as quickly as possible, and don’t be afraid to try and do things to express yourself on the team. I experienced that the ball is the most important thing. When you have the ball, the other team can’t do anything. That’s the model of the team: To try and keep the ball and try to break the team down and weave the ball side to side and end up with a cross or finish. ” [SI]
Fack. That thing about the ball and the obsession with having it. Plus the side to side BS and crossing or finishing... Facepalm. Our sh!t tactics are on purpose!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

I have to say that these tactics are reflected very well in Football Manager 2019. I'm playing with Wuerzburger Kickers and the year is 2023 and I've just won the Bundesliga. Over the plenty of matches I've played them, Bayern are my bitches. I beat them every time, really easily. In fact, they're always the easiest opponent I face in a season. Just let them play with the ball and weave it around. Sit deep, tackle hard, and counter with a very fast and ultra-direct style. And watch goal after goal go in.

Possession-based football was successful at the time when Barcelona were dominating, but Heynckes destroyed that with a direct playing style. Since then, most top clubs have moved in that direction (direct football), but we regressed back to possession for the sake of keeping the ball (thanks Pep!). And we don't have a Messi, nor a Xavi, nor an Iniesta.

This kid is used to play fast, direct football, and his speed suits it perfectly. Instead we're teaching him the wrong ways, which do not complement his abilities. Likewise, if I was Hudson-Odoi, this would be a real eye-opener.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby zozon » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:26 pm

Well, Coman IS using his fast, direct football & SPEED whenever he plays, so... what you've said is simply not true. Wingers at Bayern were NEVER limited in their game since we even started that style.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:49 pm

MUTU wrote:. Since then, most top clubs have moved in that direction (direct football)

Which top clubs?
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby aterford » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:06 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
MUTU wrote:. Since then, most top clubs have moved in that direction (direct football)

Which top clubs?

Seems as good a time as any to post this...
CIES ran a study of ~20,000 matches across Europe's top leagues and the cliff-notes for their findings is this: having a higher share of posession pretty consistently puts you in a better position to win. [source]
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:51 pm

zozon wrote:Well, Coman IS using his fast, direct football & SPEED whenever he plays, so... what you've said is simply not true. Wingers at Bayern were NEVER limited in their game since we even started that style.

"Whenever he plays" just about breaks your whole argument.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:53 pm

aterford wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:

Which top clubs?

CIES ran a study of ~20,000 matches across Europe's top leagues and the cliff-notes for their findings is this: having a higher share of posession pretty consistently puts you in a better position to win. [source]

Correlation does not imply causation. Teams who win are more likely to be dominant and have a higher possession, but it doesn't mean that the more possession you have the more likely you are to win. If you just stay passing between defenders and refusing to proceed past your halfway line, you're not likely to win are you?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:00 pm

MUTU wrote:
aterford wrote:

Correlation does not imply causation. Teams who win are more likely to be dominant and have a higher possession, but it doesn't mean that the more possession you have the more likely you are to win. If you just stay passing between defenders and refusing to proceed past your halfway line, you're not likely to win are you?

Did you read on? It specifically addresses as much... More possession+passing in the attacking third consistently leads to higher positive goal differential. You're right that correlation doesn't imply causation but when you look across 20,000 matches and are consistently finding the same results I think it's safe to conclude that the "possession football is dead" narrative is one that's awfully hard to support with any empirical evidence.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion