You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Alphonso Davies [Alphonso Boyle Davies]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Alphonso Davies

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:19 am

IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:35 am

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Coman » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:07 am

MUTU wrote:It's free and he wants it so why not?

Sure, but I'm not sure he was serious.

Of course it can happen but I would prefer a different number for him.
FC Bayern 2020/21 : Neuer (Nübel) - Dest (Pavard) Upamecano (Süle) Alaba (Hernandez) Davies (Alaba) - Kimmich (Fein) Thiago (Cuisance) - Gnabry (Coman) Müller (Goretzka) Sané (Perisic) - Lewandowski (Zirkzee)
Coman
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby MUTU » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:10 am

Coman wrote:

Why, you're scared that if he wears #39 he would eventually leave for Real Madrid?
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:17 am

As ramsej said, awful defending. Obviously want him to succeed, but he is going to have a hard time doing all that so easily. Going to get bullied off the ball or fouled. Hopefully we can keep him fit and take advantage of the fouls.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:22 am

IsiahRashad wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:The defenders in this league just exist in order to have 10 outfield players.
In any case #67skills are top notch.

the numbers on the back... The messge is getting frustrating , I believe it will soon start to annoy the s##t out of everyone

He said that he is not going to wear 67 at Bayern.

As if ramsej was referring to 67
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:36 am

MaCk0y wrote:As ramsej said, awful defending. Obviously want him to succeed, but he is going to have a hard time doing all that so easily. Going to get bullied off the ball or fouled. Hopefully we can keep him fit and take advantage of the fouls.
Still better than Alaba at CB.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Coman » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:38 am

MUTU wrote:
Coman wrote:

Why, you're scared that if he wears #39 he would eventually leave for Real Madrid?

Nah just feel the number does not suit a winger haha.

Give him the 20
FC Bayern 2020/21 : Neuer (Nübel) - Dest (Pavard) Upamecano (Süle) Alaba (Hernandez) Davies (Alaba) - Kimmich (Fein) Thiago (Cuisance) - Gnabry (Coman) Müller (Goretzka) Sané (Perisic) - Lewandowski (Zirkzee)
Coman

National Flag:
France

Postby Coman » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:08 pm

Interesting opinion from Duverne (ex-Olympique Lyonnais and French National Team physical coach) who are assistant at the Impact Montreal in MLS :

"I was surprised by the overall level, which is equivalent to mid-table teams in Ligue 1. A FC Dallas - Impact Montreal is well worth a Troyes - Guingamp in Ligue 1".

(Let's say it's equal to Gruther Furth - Augsburg)
Coman

National Flag:
France

Postby Jorge » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:10 pm

Coman wrote:Interesting opinion from Duverne (ex-Olympique Lyonnais and French National Team physical coach) who are assistant at the Impact Montreal in MLS :

"I was surprised by the overall level, which is equivalent to mid-table teams in Ligue 1. A FC Dallas - Impact Montreal is well worth a Troyes - Guingamp in Ligue 1".

I have the benefit of being in the USA, so I have watched MLS live and on TV for the last 20 years, probably not as much as I should have but enough to have an informed opinion. Comparing MLS to European Leagues is not an apple to apple exercise. The starting XI of any MLS team accurately compares to a mid table team of, let's say 2nd tier European Leagues (France or Portugal), and definitely equals player by player the 2nd division of Bundesliga or La Liga. MLS team's bench (those subs after the starting XI) dilute quality significantly and the bottom of the roster of each MLS team looks almost amateur. Just look at the fact that the bottom part of the roster of most teams make the Player's Union minimum of $70,000 per year, while those out of the 24 first team roster ( and some are moved up throughout the year due to injuries make $50,000 per year.

So Davies is definitely a starter and a star for a decent MLS club and he is 17 years of age.

Most 17 year-olds in Germany can't break into the starting XI of Augsburg or Greuther Fürth. How many players in Bayern's staring XI were playing at that level when they were 17?
If we take the top 100 payers in the world right now and look at where they were playing when they were 17 many were not playing at current MLS level. It does not mean that Davies is going to have a steady trajectory based on where he was 2 years ago, but for sure it is an indicator that he has the potential to develop into something big.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Jorge » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:12 pm

Jorge wrote:
Coman wrote:Interesting opinion from Duverne (ex-Olympique Lyonnais and French National Team physical coach) who are assistant at the Impact Montreal in MLS :

I have the benefit of being in the USA, so I have watched MLS live and on TV for the last 20 years, probably not as much as I should have but enough to have an informed opinion. Comparing MLS to European Leagues is not an apple to apple exercise. The starting XI of any MLS team accurately compares to a mid table team of, let's say 2nd tier European Leagues (France or Portugal), and definitely equals player by player the 2nd division of Bundesliga or La Liga. MLS team's bench (those subs after the starting XI) dilute quality significantly and the bottom of the roster of each MLS team looks almost amateur. Just look at the fact that the bottom part of the roster of most teams make the Player's Union minimum of $70,000 per year, while those out of the 24 first team roster ( and some are moved up throughout the year due to injuries make $50,000 per year.

From what I heard it is the same for the emerging leagues outside Europe like China, Japan or the Petro Leagues in the the Middle East.

So Davies is definitely a starter and a star for a decent MLS club and he is 17 years of age.

Most 17 year-olds in Germany can't break into the starting XI of Augsburg or Greuther Fürth. How many players in Bayern's staring XI were playing at that level when they were 17?
If we take the top 100 payers in the world right now and look at where they were playing when they were 17 many were not playing at current MLS level. It does not mean that Davies is going to have a steady trajectory based on where he was 2 years ago, but for sure it is an indicator that he has the potential to develop into something big.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:34 am

When it comes to young players the thing you look for is if they have a couple tools in the shed like pace and athleticism and the rest you hope they pick up from experience or gain from coaching so it’s not a bad start for the kid....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:44 pm

IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:51 pm

IsiahRashad wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!
Time to open his injury thread :(
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:03 pm

MUTU wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!
Time to open his injury thread :(

Please, don't...

IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion