You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Alphonso Davies [Alphonso Boyle Davies]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Alphonso Davies

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:33 pm

Alphonso Davies will join Bayern's team training this week and could start as soon as tomorrow. Bayern have an open session scheduled for 11am tomorrow. [AZ]
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby AllensRoten » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:45 pm

Hopefully he slots right in and can start asap. We're lacking so much speed upfront.
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:01 pm

IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:37 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Phonzie is in the building !
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby DRvad14 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:45 am

DRvad14
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Achilles » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:10 pm

A warm welcome to the kid!
I hope he really establishes himself as a great winger in the future wearing the red Bayern shirt, I'm not waiting for spectacular performances since he is super young and coming from a way inferior league but definitely being 17-y old and make pro-adults look like cones, having that physique(shows work!) in that age and making it for Bayern is something you can be proud of and shows some kind of potential and determination!

My wish regardless Davies development(jackpot or flop) is for us to finally help/develop our talents rather than benching them or loaning them endlessly to crap teams where they can't even work or play proper football. Since Alaba who came from nowhere only Kimmich established himself within the team for Bayern... this stat(only 2 players) in all these years with an aging team while in the process no mega-transfers were made to justify this block to the youngsters is a huge disappointment!
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:22 pm

Can't but feel for the kid though. I don't think a 17 year old ever had such high expectations anywhere in Germany before even kicking a ball.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby DiegoForlan » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:11 pm

What an amazing physique, and he's not even at his best considering he's only 17 y'o, no wonder he's so fast and strong on his feet .Image
DiegoForlan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:43 pm

Bild | Niko Kovač assembled the team before training and Davies was introduced. The Canadian teenager immediately seeked closeness to his new teammates. He hanged next to Arjen Robben out of the dressing room, then ran next to Kingsley Coman & started the conversation.

Man i just love the kid ! He have the natural charisma, i'm sure if WE develop him right, he can be at least our Sancho 2.0. He is the only young player in Bayern that i have high hopes since... I don't know when.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby America USA » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:06 pm

When can he play for the first team? Can he play before the winter break?
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:53 pm

America USA wrote:When can he play for the first team? Can he play before the winter break?

He can't be added to a match roster until (or after) the Bundesliga transfer window opens. The BL transfer windows is aligned to the main UEFA Leagues, hence it will be January 1- January 31.

FIFA rules basically say that the transfer window of a given football association governs only international transfers into that football association. Technically, he could have left MLS at any point and train with Bayern but could not be fielded until he is eligible. International transfers out of an association are always possible if the receiving club's league has an open window. The transfer window of the association that the player is leaving does not have to be open.

WORLDWIDE TRANSFER WINDOWS CALENDAR [source]
Last edited by Jorge on Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby #12 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:13 pm

Achilles wrote:A warm welcome to the kid!
I hope he really establishes himself as a great winger in the future wearing the red Bayern shirt, I'm not waiting for spectacular performances since he is super young and coming from a way inferior league but definitely being 17-y old and make pro-adults look like cones, having that physique(shows work!) in that age and making it for Bayern is something you can be proud of and shows some kind of potential and determination!

My wish regardless Davies development(jackpot or flop) is for us to finally help/develop our talents rather than benching them or loaning them endlessly to crap teams where they can't even work or play proper football. Since Alaba who came from nowhere only Kimmich established himself within the team for Bayern... this stat(only 2 players) in all these years with an aging team while in the process no mega-transfers were made to justify this block to the youngsters is a huge disappointment!

Kimmich was bought...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Achilles » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:58 pm

Never talked about youth academy, by our talents I meant youngsters who came from good scouting and developed at Bayern like Kimmich or Coman hopefully in the future etc
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Postby #12 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:22 pm

Ah ok...

Well... We don’t need to be good at developing players since we never buy high prices, our scouting sucks, our medical department is relying on medicine men from the Andes and we gave no clue whatsoever!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:13 pm

Is it me or he really looks a bit like Wierdt?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion