You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Alphonso Davies [Alphonso Boyle Davies]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Alphonso Davies

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:17 pm

Having failed to reach the MLS play offs, Alphonso Davies will play his last game for Vancouver Whitecaps on Sunday before joining Bayern on January 1st.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby aterford » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:30 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Having failed to reach the MLS play offs, Alphonso Davies will play his last game for Vancouver Whitecaps on Sunday before joining Bayern on January 1st.

So I wonder if he will head over early to start training or anything like that? I don't know all the ins and outs of the rules but I'd assume he'd be able to train at team facilities and such even if he's not registered to us yet.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:06 am

aterford wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Having failed to reach the MLS play offs, Alphonso Davies will play his last game for Vancouver Whitecaps on Sunday before joining Bayern on January 1st.

So I wonder if he will head over early to start training or anything like that? I don't know all the ins and outs of the rules but I'd assume he'd be able to train at team facilities and such even if he's not registered to us yet.

He *can* be registered on January 1st. That's the whole point of the winter transfer window.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby theundead » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:19 am

MUTU wrote:He *can* be registered on January 1st. That's the whole point of the winter transfer window.

So he can train with the team without being registered?
theundead
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:26 am

theundead wrote:
MUTU wrote:He *can* be registered on January 1st. That's the whole point of the winter transfer window.

So he can train with the team without being registered?

He'll join the team on January 1st when he can be registered, but to answer your question directly, yes.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:04 pm

Alphonso Davies: Forever one of our own [source]

They just love the kid.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby aterford » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:28 pm

MUTU wrote:
aterford wrote:

He *can* be registered on January 1st. That's the whole point of the winter transfer window.

Yes, that's what I'm saying - was wondering if there were any restrictions on an unregistered player training with the team and such prior to his Jan 1 registration - or if that only matters for actual games
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:46 pm

Well to be honest I'm not so sure now... as such we know trials exist and players on trial can even participate in club friendlies, but this is a different case.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:14 am

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:21 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Alphonso Davies: "I started taking German lessons. it's hard. I've only had four or five lessons. I want to speak another language, seeing as I don't speak other than English"

Davies on handling pressure at 17: "People around me make it easier. Sometimes, I want to do some horseplay with my friends, but I know I can't. But my friends all play football too, so they know what I'm going through"

Davies on his last game for Vancouver on Sunday: "The fans have been by my side ever since I made my debut, so I just want to spend a little bit extra time after the game and say thank you"

Davies: "Thank you for supporting me at a young age. And hopefully they still support me during my time overseas. Thank you to everyone who has been there for me, and made my time in Vancouver special"

Davies: "I'm a student-athlete. It's hard but you have to do student side as well. I get Bs and Cs but I'm passing classes, so that's all that matters. I can't wait to play in the Champions League. Whoever made that competition is a brilliant guy. At a very young age, every time you hear the UCL anthem, you know something special is about to happen."

[TSN]
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:20 am

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:04 am

https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/1 ... 27297?s=19

Who said that the board did not sign a Star?
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:40 am

ramsej84 wrote:https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/1055918060681527297?s=19

Huh? And THIS is conclusive proof for you? Heck I wanna play the champs league - am I a star to?

Btw, the Bundesliga theme is not one bit less glorious!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:22 pm

ramsej84 wrote:https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/1055918060681527297?s=19

Look, I like Davies, but if wanting to play in the UCL and getting shivers when you hear the UCL song is what makes you a star, we'd all be Ballon d'Or winners....
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby rthebest » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:58 pm

Just remember he needs to adjust to new culture, team mates and also faster pace game.
rthebest
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion