You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-07-27] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:30 pm

Borussia Dortmund will win the cup
6%
Bayern Munich will win the cup
94%

Total votes : 32

Re: [2013-07-27] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Postby Chalant » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:47 am

spotman wrote:The comments I have been reading are utterly pathetic. You guys must be glory hunters that have been following Bayern for like 3 years max.

Ive been following Bayern for 3 years, and no I dont think I am a gloryhunter. Glory hunters would have left after 2010-11.

No Schweinsteiger. No Martinez. No Neuer. No Ribery. Good teams like BvB WILL exploit this.

I didnt care when we won last year, dont care that we lost.
Emre CAN do it.
Chalant
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Rinsch » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:10 am

Porto2112 wrote:I believe Pep was running some tests, but it's hard to see Dante and Schweinsteiger on the bench. Those two were key players in the defense performance last season, so why didn't they start in an official match?

They didn't start because neither of them are fully fit yet. Schweini had minor surgery in June and Dante had an extended vacation because of the Confed Cup.
Rinsch
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Porto2112 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:31 am

Rinsch wrote:
Porto2112 wrote:I believe Pep was running some tests, but it's hard to see Dante and Schweinsteiger on the bench. Those two were key players in the defense performance last season, so why didn't they start in an official match?

They didn't start because neither of them are fully fit yet. Schweini had minor surgery in June and Dante had an extended vacation because of the Confed Cup.

Good point. I was aware of Bastian's surgery, but I forgot about the Confederations Cup.
Porto2112
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bayern1982 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:39 am

I said this on another forum, but I'm not bothered at losing this game. I don't know why, but it feels good. Maybe because the Rapids won tonight. Maybe because we were missing big players. I honestly feel sorry for Dortmund and their fans. Watching them celebrate a pointless trophy is just sad. Somebody had to lose last May and I'm just glad it wasn't us, but yeah..poor Dortmund.
bayern1982
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:54 am

bayern1982 wrote:I said this on another forum, but I'm not bothered at losing this game. I don't know why, but it feels good. Maybe because the Rapids won tonight. Maybe because we were missing big players. I honestly feel sorry for Dortmund and their fans. Watching them celebrate a pointless trophy is just sad. Somebody had to lose last May and I'm just glad it wasn't us, but yeah..poor Dortmund.

No offense to you since i know you make good posts but your sounding like a sore loser in my opinion. I understand it was a friendly, i know it took Jupp five tries to beat Bvb, i know that its still pre season and i know Bayern werent at full strength but you still have to give BvB credit when its due. They beat Bayern fair and square by taking their chances and getting their tactics right. To say you feel sorry for them for winning a useless trophy when this time last year we were all just as happy after beating BvB in the Super Pokal last year after they beat us five times in a row is a bit distasteful. I wanna say congrats to BvB because without them we wouldnt be as ambitious and hungry as we are now. Also now Pep has gotten a taste for what they can do and i bet him and the rest of the players are just itching to go at them again. So lets try not to sound like arrogant Man U fans on RedCafe(srry Impact) and admit Bayen were defeated fair and square. Tbh I don't think Barca, R.Madrid, or even any Italian or English team can give Bayern such a challenge than BvB. Im not trying to sound arrogant but i would rather watch Bayern play BvB than any other team just for the excitement. :D
Last edited by Firefox1234 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby SouthernStar » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:56 am

Yeap it might just be the Supercup and losing sucks, but the unlucky goals (stupid errors, offside etc) do NOT matter because BVB deserved to win the game anyway. I would have just preferred the scoreline at 3-2 ;)

I can't believe people are on the "burn Pep, burn Thiago" brigade everywhere. Sure it might have been an "odd" choice of formation but I think we might not have even won today with the 4-2-3-1 formation either because of two very obvious reasons... Basti and Javi, especially the latter who had been an absolute beast against BVB. Let's see if the 4-1-4-1 works with Javi as the sole DM and I hope it will be him there, not Thiago who is not physical enough for that role in the Bundesliga. Nonetheless, Thiago's strength is probably in a creative role and he had been decent at the no 6 role against the other oppositions so far... Unfortunately BVB is a world above the rest of the pack. So hope Pep realizes this and not just because he is his project.

This positive is that this is a game of learning; Jupp took some time to learn how to beat Dortmund (and may I remind about the "Dante as DM"... Jupp had a similar questionable decision in the 2012 CL final). The last (albeit useless) fixture at Westfalen was designed to not give any tactics away for the CL final imo, Dortmund also played differently in the CL final than their usual game plan. It's not as if we often get a chance for a match against Dortmund so let the mistakes be learnt here in this game to get ready for the real deal. I'd rather us lose the Supercup and use the lessons here to win points in the Bundesliga, or the Pokal or the CL. This is after all Pep's first match against Dortmund, and it was a rude awakening, but also an important lesson.

BVB fields 10 of their starting 11 in the CL final today, while we had 5. This was a test for our depth too and it shows that it just wasn't enough. Starke is a decent GK but he is not ready for world-class oppositions... DvB just can't keep up... Shaq desperately needs experience against the stronger opponents too and I'm not sure where he would get it.

Oh and Robben had been a terror against BVB for the past 3 games, hope he continues to keep tormenting those ugly black-and-yellows.

AND THE LAST 2 GAMES PROVE THAT BVB DOES NOT NEED GOTZE!!! (and for those neutrals who romantically think that it's a criminal act to "snatch" him... Please go jump off a cliff).
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:06 am

Agreed! Also why are people ostracizing Pep for possible favoring Thiago when Jupp Heynckes wouldnt bench Kroos even if he screwed his wife and daughter in his bed while he was in the room:lol: Many if us would agree that it should have been Kroos and not Muller who was subbed out in the 2012 UCL final. Every coach has a player he favors more than the others so it should be nothing new to us Bayern fans if Thiago is shown to be preferred over the rest. Also lets try not to be to hard on Thiago, he was playing outta position and he did make a couple nice plays. I just cant wait to finally see a fully polished Bayern Munich :drool:

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby The Spyware » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:37 am

Okay IMO we should be aware that Pep will continue his philosophy no matter any result and that's correct
We shouldn't bash everything he does m he is a great coach and that's a proven point and his philosophy created the most powerful team in the history
You can remember his first competitive games with Barca also it was all shit he lost at home then drew then won in the last seconds and then look how it turned to be at the end
Also same story with van Gaal here

He is unlucky ofc to have a massive fixture as this so early in his project and it may well be not the last time to witness these kind of results but IMO when we get it all together we will be inevitable

It's just the time factor no need for this much worry and just saying we should switch to jupp tactics and so on
Of course it's sad to miss out on winning every title but its really unlucky to face Dortmund at this particular point

And any new coach surely will make wrong decisions with the line up at the beginning and he will learn from that no question
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Impact » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:49 am

Firefox1234 wrote:
bayern1982 wrote:I said this on another forum, but I'm not bothered at losing this game. I don't know why, but it feels good. Maybe because the Rapids won tonight. Maybe because we were missing big players. I honestly feel sorry for Dortmund and their fans. Watching them celebrate a pointless trophy is just sad. Somebody had to lose last May and I'm just glad it wasn't us, but yeah..poor Dortmund.

No offense to you since i know you make good posts but your sounding like a sore loser in my opinion. I understand it was a friendly, i know it took Jupp five tries to beat Bvb, i know that its still pre season and i know Bayern werent at full strength but you still have to give BvB credit when its due. They beat Bayern fair and square by taking their chances and getting their tactics right. To say you feel sorry for them for winning a useless trophy when this time last year we were all just as happy after beating BvB in the Super Pokal last year after they beat us five times in a row is a bit distasteful. I wanna say congrats to BvB because without them we wouldnt be as ambitious and hungry as we are now. Also now Pep has gotten a taste for what they can do and i bet him and the rest of the players are just itching to go at them again. So lets try not to sound like arrogant Man U fans on RedCafe(srry Impact) and admit Bayen were defeated fair and square. Tbh I don't think Barca, R.Madrid, or even any Italian or English team can give Bayern such a challenge than BvB. Im not trying to sound arrogant but i would rather watch Bayern play BvB than any other team just for the excitement. :D

No problem, I know Man United fans are arrogant and I can be sometimes too.
Impact
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Robb3449 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:33 am

spotman wrote:The comments I have been reading are UTTERLY PATHETIC. You guys must be glory hunters that have been following Bayern for like 3 years max.

Not sure if this post was directed, in small part, towards me. Kinda hard to determine one's intent when it's typed on a screen. The utterly pathetic part makes me think it might. Don't want to be TOO sensitive.

I've definitely made some ignorant comments about tactics, etc. (since joining the forum) when I was clearly talking outta my ass. But, when I watch a Bayern performance that was bad I don't feel bad saying it was bad. Despite missing key players, despite the fact that it was ONLY the Super Cup. Do I think it's the end of the world? No. Do I think this dooms Bayern's chances of a successful season? No. Do I think Pep will fail as the manager of FCB? No.

I've only been a football fan for a few years and still learning the nuances of the professional game. The only team I've ever followed and liked has been Bayern so, if that makes a "glory hunter" I'm cool with it! 8)
Reggie Jackson (of the 1977 NY Yankees) when asked, "What's the biggest thing you've noticed (about the team) since being injured?" " The magnitude of ME!"
Robb3449
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Dgro » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:44 am

Damn, everyone. Bayern literally gave Dortmund 2 goals (Seriously Starke, any HIGH SCHOOL keeper worth his salt would've held onto that ball....at least he didn't pull a ter Stegen.) If not for that the scoreline is 2-2, or perhaps Bayern wins because the momentum isn't so drastically favoring Dortmund.

I'm not upset/concerned by this loss, just a little annoyed. And really proud of Gundogan for that goal. I hope he's a key player for the NT in 2016 and beyond (if not sooner)
Dgro
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby kod2600 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:46 am

Too early and not exactly the right game to judge Pep on. I'm not trying to find excuses and Dortmund beat us fair and square and I congratulate them, but some things made a difference in this game IMO: (just pointing things out. no excuses)

- The absence of Ribery, it's wrong to depend on one player too much and I think Bayern did a "not bad" job on the offense but you can't disagree that Ribery would've made the difference.

- The absence of Neuer, you guys probably know what I have to say about that when it comes to Starke. Starke did save a hard one from Lewa though, I'll give him that.

- First goal was Starke's fault, 3rd goal was a foul (Muller on Alba style :p) and 4th goal was a clear offside. But they still counted them so we can't do anything about it. oh and an own goal (marvelous header DVB -_-)

Not sure of how correct I am on the next ones:

- The reason why he didn't start with Dante is because he didn't attend all the training sessions thank's to the confd. cup therefore he's not 100% ready from Pep's perspective at least.

- Same goes to Martinez and Gustavo, and that's why he couldn't play with a true CDM and had to risk it by playing Thiago in a position that is not exactly his.

- Schweni just came back from injury and he's not 100% fit, that's why he didn't start and that's why he couldn't at least put him instead of Thiago as CDM.

I have a good feeling that Bayern will actually the important players in each position are fit. We'll have to wait and see. Again, Congrats to Dortmund on winning the first trophy.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:17 am

What makes me angry is that we lost a title to learn a lesson we should have known anyway.

The tactics were partly to blame, but let's not call for Pep's head after one loss. There were other external factors involved; a bit of luck and individual blunders, as well as missing players.

For long periods we were clueless. Maybe it's because we conceded so early. That needs to change. Muller's crossbar was the final game changer in Dortmund's favour.

Anyway, congratulations to Dortmund. Despite being lucky at times there was never a question of who deserved to win with that dismal performance last night.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby lau03143 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:57 am

Allez Justine wrote:That DVB Goal killed our momentum, I believe we could have pulled a win if that old Turtle didn't ruin everything. When will this board wake up and realize we need a decent young Central Defender... Oh Badi how I miss you!! And By the way that DVB goal was not a reflection it was precise header worthy of a striker...I guess with Nuer gone he thought Stark was the BVB's goalkeeper

Boateng, Badstuber, Dante and Kirchof.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:04 am

I wonder why Kirchhoff didnt play? He looked all right in pre season games....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Other Matches