You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/18 UEFA Youth League

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.
 

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Youth League

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:48 pm

4 minutes injury time.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 36371
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 6591 times
Been thanked: 9631 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Youth League

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:51 pm

Few seconds left :(
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 36371
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 6591 times
Been thanked: 9631 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Youth League

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:52 pm

Full time: FC Bayern eliminated :(
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 36371
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 6591 times
Been thanked: 9631 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Youth League

Postby America USA » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:00 pm

Bayern deserved to lose. What an awful performance. Everyone except Fruchtl was crap. Wintzheimer had no service so I really won’t blame him either. I don’t often watch our youth play but Dorch was mediocre in the midfield. Our midfield looked so so poor that it looked as if Real’s first team was playing. Bayern’s LB, apart from that free kick goal, was pathetic. Almost all of Madrid’s attacks were coming from their right side.

The team woke up in the last ten minutes but Bayern never opened up Real’s defense. On the contrary they were running rings around our defenders with those through balls and their pressing. If this is Bayern’s future then God save us!

On a side note, is the coach Sebastian Hoeneß related to Uli :?:
Last edited by America USA on Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
America USA
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 2339
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 433 times
Been thanked: 700 times

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Youth League

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:01 pm

Oh

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 32461
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 25094 times
Been thanked: 4898 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Youth League

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:17 pm

We’ll have to go glass half full on this result since this is the first time the youth team reached the knockouts
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 14121
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: USA
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 4748 times
Been thanked: 2850 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Youth League

Postby America USA » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:18 pm

Losing to Real at home is bad enough but getting outplayed when up a man is just shambolic. These youngsters need a kick up the backside.

I don’t wanna sound like a pessimist and I hope I’m not being over the top because I know this is the Youth league and no one gives a damn about this competition. However, for a club like Bayern, who don’t want to spend like crazy in the transfer market and instead want to rely on the youth players breaking into the first team, this result should be a huge wake up call. Getting eliminated in the first KO stage (a stage that Bayern reached for the first time in the history of this competition) and that too in embarrassing fashion is not good news!
User avatar
America USA
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 2339
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 433 times
Been thanked: 700 times

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Youth League

Postby bbenno » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:21 pm

How on earth can’t they manage to kill the game with a whole second half against ten men?
:x :shock:
BIG question marks on this team??
Not a good sign, as they are doing allright in the league. So what does that tell us? :roll:

And here I thought they had a whole return leg to get eliminated in... :coffee:
No need; one match at home is enough #-o
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:52 pm
National Flag:
Denmark
Has thanked: 242 times
Been thanked: 168 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Youth League

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:34 pm

America USA wrote:Bayern deserved to lose. What an awful performance. Everyone except Fruchtl was crap. Wintzheimer had no service so I really won’t blame him either. I don’t often watch our youth play but Dorch was mediocre in the midfield. Our midfield looked so so poor that it looked as if Real’s first team was playing. Bayern’s LB, apart from that free kick goal, was pathetic. Almost all of Madrid’s attacks were coming from their right side.

The team woke up in the last ten minutes but Bayern never opened up Real’s defense. On the contrary they were running rings around our defenders with those through balls and their pressing. If this is Bayern’s future then God save us!

On a side note, is the coach Sebastian Hoeneß related to Uli :?:

Sebastian Hoeneß is the son of Dieter Hoeneß and therefore the nephew of Uli Hoeneß. That's the difference. We had a 35 year old coach who's there because he's related to Uli while they had a former world star, Guti. I liked that South Korean dude, I think he played well.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 36371
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 6591 times
Been thanked: 9631 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Youth League

Postby America USA » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:52 pm

MUTU wrote:
America USA wrote:Bayern deserved to lose. What an awful performance. Everyone except Fruchtl was crap. Wintzheimer had no service so I really won’t blame him either. I don’t often watch our youth play but Dorch was mediocre in the midfield. Our midfield looked so so poor that it looked as if Real’s first team was playing. Bayern’s LB, apart from that free kick goal, was pathetic. Almost all of Madrid’s attacks were coming from their right side.

The team woke up in the last ten minutes but Bayern never opened up Real’s defense. On the contrary they were running rings around our defenders with those through balls and their pressing. If this is Bayern’s future then God save us!

On a side note, is the coach Sebastian Hoeneß related to Uli :?:

Sebastian Hoeneß is the son of Dieter Hoeneß and therefore the nephew of Uli Hoeneß. That's the difference. We had a 35 year old coach who's there because he's related to Uli while they had a former world star, Guti. I liked that South Korean dude, I think he played well.


Ah well. Nepotism screwed us then :cry:

Seriously though, now it makes sense. A Real Madrid team coached by a club legend (who was also a decent player during his playing days) against a team coached by an amateur fella. No wonder it looked like a tactical mismatch and unsurprisingly Real dominated us during the game.
User avatar
America USA
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 2339
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 433 times
Been thanked: 700 times

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Youth League

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:04 pm

The worst part of nepotism is that it's not easy to get rid of.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 36371
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 6591 times
Been thanked: 9631 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Youth League

Postby America USA » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:27 pm

On the topic of Coaching.

Bayern would be idiots to not appoint a former player as coach of one of the amateur/youth sides. Alonso comes to mind. I believe after the World Cup Bayern should try to appoint him as the coach of the youth team. If not this year then maybe in 2020 after he has spent a few years away from the game and enjoyed time with his family.

Barca tried this with Pep, Real with Zidane (now Guti) and even Liverpool have made Gerrard coach of the U19s. Alonso was one of the best midfielders during his prime and despite his age still gave his best for Bayern (not his fault that the stupid Italian was still starting him in big games in his last season)

Also, Xabi was coached by some really good managers himself during his career. Pep, Benitez, Mourinho, Ancelotti and Del Bosque. Alonso is multilingual and speaks (learned) German as well.
User avatar
America USA
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 2339
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 433 times
Been thanked: 700 times

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Youth League

Postby aterford » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:30 pm

America USA wrote:On the topic of Coaching.

Bayern would be idiots to not appoint a former player as coach of one of the amateur/youth sides. Alonso comes to mind. I believe after the World Cup Bayern should try to appoint him as the coach of the youth team. If not this year then maybe in 2020 after he has spent a few years away from the game and enjoyed time with his family.

Barca tried this with Pep, Real with Zidane (now Guti) and even Liverpool have made Gerrard coach of the U19s. Alonso was one of the best midfielders during his prime and despite his age still gave his best for Bayern (not his fault that the stupid Italian was still starting him in big games in his last season)

Also, Xabi was coached by some really good managers himself during his career. Pep, Benitez, Mourinho, Ancelotti and Del Bosque. Alonso is multilingual and speaks (learned) German as well.


Yup. Not to get too OT....but even if it's not with youth, getting Alonso to return in some coaching capacity would be massive.
User avatar
aterford
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2873
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 2398 times
Been thanked: 1591 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Youth League

Postby Isabella » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:08 pm

MUTU wrote:
America USA wrote:Bayern deserved to lose. What an awful performance. Everyone except Fruchtl was crap. Wintzheimer had no service so I really won’t blame him either. I don’t often watch our youth play but Dorch was mediocre in the midfield. Our midfield looked so so poor that it looked as if Real’s first team was playing. Bayern’s LB, apart from that free kick goal, was pathetic. Almost all of Madrid’s attacks were coming from their right side.

The team woke up in the last ten minutes but Bayern never opened up Real’s defense. On the contrary they were running rings around our defenders with those through balls and their pressing. If this is Bayern’s future then God save us!

On a side note, is the coach Sebastian Hoeneß related to Uli :?:

Sebastian Hoeneß is the son of Dieter Hoeneß and therefore the nephew of Uli Hoeneß. That's the difference. We had a 35 year old coach who's there because he's related to Uli while they had a former world star, Guti. I liked that South Korean dude, I think he played well.



I do not think Sebastian is here only because of his uncle and in any case he arrived at Bayern just this summer because a shake-up of the junior’s team staff with the opening of the Campus was needed and he had a pretty good season with Leipzig u-17 last year
Isabella
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:26 pm
National Flag:
Italy
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 62 times
Gender: Female

Previous

Return to Other Matches

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest