You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

"We're happy with the draw"

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

"We're happy with the draw"

Postby FCBayernNews » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:55 pm

FC Bayern have avoided heavyweights like Manchester City and FC Barcelona but Beşiktaş will be by no means easy opponents for the German record champions. In the group stage the Turkish champions left three strong teams in their wake - RB Leipzig, FC Porto and AS Monaco. “Beşiktaş showed how well they can play in a tough group. It will be a difficult task, but it could have been worse,” thought Niklas Süle after the draw.

Reactions to the draw at a glance

Hasan Salihamidzic: “We know how strong Beşiktaş are. We followed their progress because they were in Leipzig’s group. It’s a difficult draw. We’ll see what happens. There’ll definitely be an exceptional atmosphere over there, but there will be here in Munich as well. We’re looking forward to it. Obviously it’s a disadvantage to play at home first, but we’re good enough and accept it.”

Thomas Müller: “We’re happy with the draw and look forward to the last 16. Obviously we want to go as far as possible. In Munich we definitely don’t want to concede, we need to defend well. In the away leg we’ll need a strong performance. You’ve got to compete in both the games.”

Arjen Robben: “It will be a challenge, I haven’t played against Beşiktaş before. We need to prepare well and be careful. They were in the group with Leipzig and did well. The atmosphere is always good in Turkey, we can adapt to that. First though we have to play them at home and get ourselves into a good position.”

Joshua Kimmich: “I think it’s a good draw. On paper we could have met stronger teams. I look forward to the game. I know from the Leipzig boys there’ll be a great atmosphere over there.”

Niklas Süle: “It’s turned out not so bad that we came second. It’s gone really well. We play the first leg at home. Beşiktaş showed how well they can play in a tough group. It will be a difficult task, but it could have been worse.”
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re:

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:00 pm

FCBayernNews wrote:Hasan Salihamidzic: “We know how strong Beşiktaş are. We followed their progress because they were in Leipzig’s group. It’s a difficult draw. We’ll see what happens. There’ll definitely be an exceptional atmosphere over there, but there will be here in Munich as well. We’re looking forward to it. Obviously it’s a disadvantage to play at home first, but we’re good enough and accept it.”

Maybe you should have fired Ancelotti a match earlier.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re:

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:47 pm

Then we would be playing against Real :-k
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Re: "We're happy with the draw"

Postby #12 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:27 pm

How does Hasan know Besiktas? YouTube?
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Re:

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:54 pm

FCBayernNews wrote:Hasan Salihamidzic: “We know how strong Beşiktaş are. We followed their progress because they were in Leipzig’s group. It’s a difficult draw. We’ll see what happens. There’ll definitely be an exceptional atmosphere over there, but there will be here in Munich as well. We’re looking forward to it. Obviously it’s a disadvantage to play at home first, but we’re good enough and accept it.”

Doesn't anyone else see a problem with this statement? They only followed Besiktas because they were in Leipzig's group? Wtf! Soon they will start forming ideas about our opponents based on what we write on BayernForum.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Re: Re:

Postby Isabella » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:56 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Doesn't anyone else see a problem with this statement? They only followed Besiktas because they were in Leipzig's group? Wtf! Soon they will start forming ideas about our opponents based on what we write on BayernForum.

Not really. Do you think they follow all the teams in the Champions League? They followed the other teams in their groups, the other bigs as usual and evidently they followed also the teams in the groups of the other german teams (or more likely they follow also all the matches of the other teams of the Bundesliga, including the cups so they have seen Besiktas playing against Leipzig)
Isabella
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Italy

Re:

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:13 pm

Isabella wrote:Not really. Do you think they follow all the teams in the Champions League? They followed the other teams in their groups, the other bigs as usual and evidently they followed also the teams in the groups of the other german teams (or more likely they follow also all the matches of the other teams of the Bundesliga, including the cups so they have seen Besiktas playing against Leipzig)

I would expect the coaching team to. Not the head coach watching all games obviously, but he'd have advisors.

Then again I am a heavy believer in the Pep ideology of video tactics.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Return to Official FC Bayern News