You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Van Gaal 'very satisfied' with progress

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Van Gaal 'very satisfied' with progress

Postby FCBayernNews » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:30 pm

Louis van Gaal was a man in a hurry on Sunday. "I have to be at the airport right away, because I'm holding a reading in the Netherlands this afternoon," the Bayern coach told FCB.tv after training in the morning. It was the last workout in the first phase of the club's pre-season programme. Van Gaal and his men reconvene eleven days from now when the second phase commences on 15 July.

Ivica Olic and Co have worked and sweated their way through 16 demanding training sessions, many held in blistering summer heat, over the last two weeks. They also contested this year's "Dream Game" in Nordhorn, beating a side assembled by the local Fan Club 12-0. "I'm very satisfied," Van Gaal summarised.

However, the 58-year-old also voiced grave concerns for the remainder of the pre-season period. The World Cup has deprived the boss of more than half of his players: on Sunday morning, he supervised just ten of his senior squad. And with Germany and the Netherlands both through to the semi-finals, Philipp Lahm, Mark van Bommel and Co will not report back to the club for pre-season training until 2 August. All the players involved in the World Cup are granted a three-week holiday following their team's elimination.

"I regret it, because it means we can't possibly prepare well," commented Van Gaal, "it's hard for me, and also for the players who've been at the World Cup." By the time of the Bundesliga restart on 20 August, half the FCB squad will have been back at the club for a mere two and a half weeks. "It's not good, it's a big problem," said Van Gaal.

Ten-day break

In order to stage properly organised and meaningful training sessions over the last two weeks, the rump senior squad has trained with the reserves. "It's been a superb pre-season so far for our second team," remarked Van Gaal, who has taken a great interest in the club's up and coming youngsters as they prepare for the new campaign in the German third division.

Van Gaal has not ordered his men to perform any particular fitness work on their own initiative during the ten-day break, but Hermann Gerland and the FCB II reserve squad depart for a one-week training camp on Monday morning. As of 15 July, the seniors and the reserves will again join forces for daily workouts.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Van Gaal 'very satisfied' with progress

Postby dambun » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:00 pm

Two weeks and a half is too little time for many of our main players to achieve high fitness and be able to start a great season... :(
I hope we don't have a sloppy start again... I have a feeling we'll have much stronger rivals in the BL this season... I think many BL teams will be much stronger...

Thank goodness, the structure of the team won't be changed much... So they won't need a coordination phase...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Return to Official FC Bayern News