You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Van Gaal: The first time we've played badly

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Van Gaal: The first time we've played badly

Postby FCBayernNews » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:30 pm

Bayern continue to struggle for form in the Bundesliga. Four days after a morale-boosting win away to Hoffenheim, the champions lost at home for the first time this season to leaders Mainz. Visiting boss Thomas Tuchel said he was "lost for words," but Louis van Gaal delivered a blunt verdict: "Our problem was our inability to retain possession. Too many of my players were below their normal form."

Reaction to Bayern v Mainz:

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge: "We certainly didn't play well today. We never got into the game at the start. Mainz ran hard, tackled aggressively, and played with passion. We lacked all these attributes today. We'd hoped to take all three points and make up ground in the table. Instead, we've dropped points, and we now need to turn the corner very quickly indeed. A ten-point gap is too much."

Christian Nerlinger: "In my opinion, there were three main reasons for our defeat: First, our shocking performance. Second, and despite the display, we failed to take our chances. And third, Mainz have come here and played outstandingly well. We can't be happy in a situation where we only have eight points. Slowly but surely, the alarm bells will start ringing."

Louis van Gaal: "We had a lot of trouble coping with Mainz's pressing game. We knew they'd do that, but we couldn't cope with it and we didn't turn up for the first 20 minutes. Our problem was our inability to retain possession. And too many of my players were below their normal form. We still managed to create chances. That's the first time we've played really badly this season, and all credit to Mainz for that, they were very good when they attacked. I think they can go a long way, and for me, they're title contenders. But it's a game we could have won - it's just that we have to take our chances."

Thomas Tuchel (Mainz coach): "Winning for the sixth time after winning your last five matches is highly unusual. I'm a little bit lost for words. We're overjoyed, and all credit to my players. Our plan was to come here and show some courage. Their equaliser was a lucky goal, but you could see it coming. We still defended courageously and high up the field in the second half and tried to maintain our tempo. Szalai's winning goal was a fantastic strike, but we're not getting ideas above our station."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Van Gaal: The first time we've played badly

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:10 pm

It was also the first time I didn't sleep during the first half. I guess it's better if we play badly. We don't win when we play well either.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby shileno » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:30 pm

First time he admited we played bad, damn, we're not a small team like Nurnberg or Frankfurt, we're Bayern and we should do much better than this.
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby gastarana » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:12 am

shileno wrote:First time he admited we played bad, damn, we're not a small team like Nurnberg or Frankfurt, we're Bayern and we should do much better than this.

yep his mind is in AZ mood a small eredivisie team,and he has the courage to say its our first poor performance [-X ,who is he trying to fool :^o :^o ????? 6 games and all of them we sucked big time,,,,van gaal you stubborn prick go back to holland ducthbag :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
gastarana
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:42 am

FCBayernNews wrote:Van Gaal: The first time we've played badly

well , thats a start
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby AvatarX » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:04 am

First time? Was he watching the previous games or just taking notes?
:: Lass uns ein Computer sein ::
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby es_bih » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:29 pm

I'm assuming the first time we played bad "overall." Each other game some area was brither than the other. Plus it was at home.

I'd not say "dutchbag" go home, most haters were praising him last season. I still got faith in Van Gaal. I disagree with him, and the board on the lack of transfers, but I think he can have a good year if we get Robbery back, bench Van Buyten, Van Bommel, and be active in the January transfer.
es_bih
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby gastarana » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:30 am

es_bih wrote:I'm assuming the first time we played bad "overall." Each other game some area was brither than the other. Plus it was at home.

I'd not say "dutchbag" go home, most haters were praising him last season. I still got faith in Van Gaal. I disagree with him, and the board on the lack of transfers, but I think he can have a good year if we get Robbery back, bench Van Buyten, Van Bommel, and be active in the January transfer.

[-X [-X i never praised vG hes still a stubborn coach[LIKE ALWAYS],and thats what i hate about him,ok ok i was mad when i wrote that,but he should look up for at LEAST a new CB,but no he thinks hes the master tactician and he can turn a guy like vbuyten to play like the best CB in the world,now thats bullS****.
gastarana
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby es_bih » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:38 pm

I agree with you ... he is stubborn, but not the only one to blame for that... our board should be actually seeking out new talent, too ... or at the least pressure for new talent. Talent management should involve more than one person in a organization.
es_bih
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Return to Official FC Bayern News