You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Van Gaal: Goals make all the difference

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Van Gaal: Goals make all the difference

Postby FCBayernNews » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:45 pm

Bayern rounded off the first half of the league campaign on Saturday with another five-star display, picking up where they left off in Turin and Bochum to outclass bottom club Hertha BSC Berlin and treat the home crowd to a five-goal festival. "We're still in the hunt in three competitions, so we'll have a nice and peaceful Christmas," coach Louis van Gaal said with a smile afterwards.

Reaction to Bayern v Hertha Berlin

Louis van Gaal: "I'm very pleased and satisfied with the way we played, but we can still do better, I'm convinced of that. We've made a great deal of progress in recent weeks. I think the biggest difference compared to the start of the season is the goals, which we're scoring freely now. That's largely down to Gomez and Olic, although the most important thing is the way the players have come together as a team. We're still in the hunt in three competitions, so we'll have a nice and peaceful Christmas."

Christian Nerlinger: "The team's played extremely well to round off the first half of the season, and I think it's been a good way to say happy Christmas to our fans. We're on the way to creating a very good team here. We're looking forward to a few days' peace and quiet. It's been a very intense period and we're delighted it's been so positive recently. We're in a good position in all three competitions."

Bastian Schweinsteiger: "We've dropped too many points in the first half of the campaign. We've finished well, and that was another good performance today, so the fans are happy. We have 17 league matches after Christmas to make up the gap. I'm confident for the rest of the season."

Mark van Bommel: "It's coming along very well. We've been playing good and convincing football for some time now, but we weren't scoring. Congratulations to Leverkusen, but they've not won anything. We're aiming for the championship shield. Obviously, we'd like to have been top by now, but we weren't winning to start with and the gap opened up. But we're on a roll now. It's not just good to watch, it's enjoyable too."

Friedhelm Funkel (Hertha coach): "We weren't able to reproduce our good defensive performances against Schalke and Leverkusen. We gave Bayern far too much space and weren't able to disrupt their rhythm. In any case, that's a big ask at the moment, Bayern have looked very, very good when they attack in their last few games. Our build-up play was riddled with errors and Bayern punished us ruthlessly, so we never stood a chance."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Van Gaal: Goals make all the difference

Postby Element » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:35 am

[quote="FCBayernNews"]Van Gaal: Goals make all the difference[/quote]

Finally he realized That
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Van Gaal: Goals make all the difference

Postby appudds » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:49 pm

He's a slow coach if you ask me!
Took 5 months to understand dat!
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Return to Official FC Bayern News