You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Valerien Ismael set for Hannover switch

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Valerien Ismael set for Hannover switch

Postby FCBayernNews » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:40 pm

With the January transfer period fast approaching, the German press has been alive with stories linking a half-dozen or more new names with Bayern. “But we don’t have much to say about these rumours, because they’re often just speculation,” Uli Hoeneß declared in Wednesday’s <b>FCB.tv</b> live online chat.

The general manager was unwilling to discuss individuals, but did confirm the club’s reported interest in 18-year-old Brazilian Breno: “We’ve negotiated with his management, and we’re about to open talks with his club, FC Sao Paulo.“ However, no deal has been concluded at this time.

<b>Hoeneß waiting on talks with Willy</b>

Hoeneß also made a statement regarding Willy Sagnol, who recently went public with a surprise request to leave the club during the winter break. “He and Ottmar Hitzfeld have a few problems at the moment, a difference of opinion regarding his fitness, and I hope we’ll resolve this before the winter break,“ Hoeneß remarked.

“We agreed to talk to Willy before Christmas and decide how to proceed,“ the manager continued, although he did not categorically rule out selling the player. “If we can’t agree on a reasonable solution, I could imagine he’ll ask for permission to leave. We’ll have to take a decision at that time, but I’m not going to pre-empt our talks.“

<b>Ismael on his way to Hannover</b>

The situation regarding Valerien Ismael is a lot more clear-cut, as the 32-year-old is poised to pen a two-and-a-half year deal with Bundesliga outfit Hannover 96. The two clubs confirmed the agreement early on Wednesday evening. “He’s up there for a medical today. If he passes, which I’m assuming he will, Valerien will sign for Hannover,“ Hoeneß announced. The Frenchman will officially move for an undisclosed fee on 1 January.

Club president and supervisory board chairman Franz Beckenbauer has meanwhile voiced hopes that Bayern will continue their new policy of bringing in star names. “If we’re looking for genuine success over the long term, we’ll need a few more stars. We have a good foundation, but we need to keep working on the team,“ the Kaiser is quoted as saying in the latest edition of the <i>Bayern Magazin</i> matchday programme.

<b>Stars repay investment</b>

Speaking at November’s AGM, chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge confirmed the new commitment to “buying quality”. On Wednesday, Hoeneß explained that star transfers produced a more than healthy return on investment, citing a dramatic leap in merchandising revenue this season, “and every match at the Allianz Arena is a sell-out. Our fees for friendlies have rocketed as well. We can ask for unbelievable sums, and we’re getting them.“

The evidence points to the likes of Ribery, Toni and Klose being joined by equally well-known team-mates in the future, only fuelling a rumour mill which is already working overtime. “The minute we have facts to report, we’ll announce them on our home page,” Hoeneß promised.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News