You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Uli Hoeneß named sixth FC Bayern honorary president

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Uli Hoeneß named sixth FC Bayern honorary president

Postby FCBayernNews » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:50 pm

"I apply for Uli Hoeneß to be named sixth FC Bayern honorary president," new FC Bayern president Herbert Hainer said at the Annual General Meeting and was greeted with thunderous applause and cheering at the Olympic Hall. Hainer had put on a Hoeneß jersey in honour of the former world-class forward, presenting the longstanding face of FC Bayern with a certificate of appointment as honorary president.

"I'm incredibly glad to be this club's honorary president, and I'll do everything to live up to this honour," said a moved Uli Hoeneß, who is the sixth man to hold the office after Franz John, Siegfried Herrmann, Kurt Landauer, Wilhelm Neudecker and Franz Beckenbauer.

Uli Hoeneß' name continues to be closely tied to FC Bayern. The 67-year-old worked passionately for the German record champions as player, general manager, director and president, turning FC Bayern into a global brand and the world's biggest sports club.

Uli Hoeneß profiled
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News