You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

... the season so far, key players and transfers

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

... the season so far, key players and transfers

Postby FCBayernNews » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:50 pm

With Bayern in a commanding position at the halfway point in the season, Christian Nerlinger was understandably upbeat and satisfied when he appeared on Sport1 TV on Sunday lunchtime. The FCB director of sport covered a number of topics, including questions about Toni Kroos, Arjen Robben and the club's transfer policy. fcbayern.de reviews Nerlinger's most important statements.

Christian Nerlinger on...

...Bayern's performance in the first half of the season: "At this stage last year, we were 14 points behind in the league, so we're all extremely pleased about a three-point lead now. We've done the job we had to do, not only in the Bundesliga, but also in a really tough Champions League group. Provided we now get past Bochum on Tuesday, we can head off for Christmas in a very serene and satisfied mood."

...the club's main title rivals: "We said it before the season, we've said it during the season, and we're saying it now at the halfway mark: Borussia Dortmund are definitely our main rivals for the title, even if they're refusing to acknowledge it themselves."

...the progress made by Toni Kroos: "Toni is an exceptional player with exceptional technical skill. Under Jupp Heynckes, he's now taken the right steps in terms of mentality, commitment and work-rate. He's on course to becoming a vital player for Bayern and also for Germany. He's come on fantastically, and he's far from complete yet, so I'm really delighted we've signed him up at Bayern for the long term."

...the absence of Bastian Schweinsteiger with injury: "Bastian is very important as the man who dictates the pace and the play, although I think it's too simple to link the defeats against Dortmund and Mainz with his absence. I am 100 percent convinced that a team like Bayern Munich must be able to cope with this kind of absence."

...Franck Ribéry's sending-off against Köln: "I don't want to make excuses for him, but I won't make a mountain out of a molehill either. Naturally, what he did wasn't smart. Even if emotions are running high, you have to control yourself. But that's football. The players are under extreme pressure, and things like this happen. I think the referee's decision to administer a second yellow card was correct. We're now without Franck in the important opening match of the second half of the season against Gladbach, and it means we'll be a lot weaker. But we have to live with it - and we can live with it."

...Arjen Robben, whose contract expires in 2013: "Overall, we have a very well-balanced team, and Arjen Robben is an important component of that. He's totally integrated. We've not forgotten what he's already done for Bayern, and we know what he can still do for us. We respect and value him enormously. Bayern is well known for a desire to keep the best players for the long term, and that applies to Arjen. He'll play a major role for Bayern Munich beyond next summer, and hopefully not just for one year, but for the long term. We know he feels very settled in Munich both professionally and privately, and we're entirely satisfied with him. So there's no reason we wouldn't agree an extension."

...media speculation about Gladbach's Marco Reus: "Marco Reus is fundamentally a very interesting player with lots of quality, but there's been no decision yet. We've just had an excellent meeting involving the president, the board, the coach and me, where we discussed our mid-season activities in a very productive atmosphere. We said this: we'll go into the second half of the season with the current squad, because we have total faith in this squad. We'll discuss what might happen next summer at a later date. Fundamentally, we want to bring the best players to Munich. And if Bayern Munich wants to sign a player, we have sufficient powers of persuasion and resources to ensure we bring him to Munich."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: ... the season so far, key players and transfers

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:48 pm

FCBayernNews wrote:And if Bayern Munich wants to sign a player, we have sufficient powers of persuasion and resources to ensure we bring him to Munich."

I like this quote:)

Just remember that you promised 1 or 2 top players every summer:)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:03 pm

Ohh, next summer we will be bringing in a new big-name in the offense. With Olic out, we're pretty thin at the striker position.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:22 pm

quaazi wrote:Ohh, next summer we will be bringing in a new big-name in the offense. With Olic out, we're pretty thin at the striker position.

If you consider Cisse a big name, then by all means yes.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:03 pm

Maybe Reus is that big name in attack?

but who could be big name in defense? If you think about it our manager feels we are strong enough with Badstuber, Boateng, Breno, DVB...maybe DVB will leave and we will buy some CB?
sch0ll7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:14 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:Maybe Reus is that big name in attack?

but who could be big name in defense? If you think about it our manager feels we are strong enough with Badstuber, Boateng, Breno, DVB...maybe DVB will leave and we will buy some CB?

Well, if they consider Reus to be a big name, that is laughable at least. Hardly anyone who doesn't watch the Bundesliga regularly knows about him. For someone to be a big name, he has to play in a number of Champions League semifinals/finals and be a key player for his national team and perform well in international tournaments. I don't even consider Gomez a big name yet.

In fact, the only Bundesliga players I consider to be big names are Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Ribery, Robben and Raul.

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:03 pm

your standards are high:)

I am 100% sure we wont bring anyone who is already playing at top club and is being one of their best performers:)

Biggest "big name" we can get is Hummels or Reus...I dont see us bidding for the likes of Vidic, Rooney etc.
sch0ll7

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:13 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:your standards are high:)

Well, it's what you understand by the term. For me a big name is someone who, when you are talking to someone who supports a non-Bundesliga club, will definitely know who he is and won't need introducing. Basically, the guys you can't miss. Mention Hummels and Reus to someone who only watches the Premier League, Spanish Liga or Serie A and they will probably not have heard of them, or perhaps have heard of them but never watched them play.

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Return to Official FC Bayern News