You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Successful ankle ligament op for Thiago

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Successful ankle ligament op for Thiago

Postby FCBayernNews » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:40 am

Spanish U-21 European championship winner Thiago has undergone surgery to repair ligament damage to his right ankle. The operation was successfully performed on Monday morning and the player is scheduled for release from hospital on Tuesday. He will spend the next five to six weeks on crutches, before commencing a sports rehabilitation programme.

“He’s out for a long time and we’ll miss him,” Pep Guardiola commented on Monday. Thiago is a “special player” and “very important” for the team, the FCB head coach continued. Guardiola is hoping the versatile midfielder will be fit and available for selection again by early November.

The 22-year-old required surgery to repair the injury, a rupture of the syndesmotic ligaments which stabilise the ankle in the articulation between the fibula and tibia, which he sustained in a challenge early in the second half of Bayern’s 2-0 victory over Nürnberg last Saturday. The Spaniard was replaced by Thomas Müller shortly afterwards.

Thiago is definitely out of Bayern’s Bundesliga matches against Freiburg, Hannover, Schalke and VfL Wolfsburg, the first one or two Champions League group stage fixtures, the DFB Cup second round meeting with Hannover, and Friday’s UEFA Super Cup final against Chelsea.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Successful ankle ligament op for Thiago

Postby MoFattal » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:19 pm

:(
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby brickwall281 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:32 pm

Thank God the surgery was successful.
:pep: Gooby Pls :pep:
brickwall281
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iraq

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:37 pm

brickwall281 wrote:Thank God the surgery was successful.

Am I the only one who gets nervous when players go under the knife or are traveling to certain cities, their is always a small part of m worried an unfortunate event takes place and i always feel relieved when they arrive safely or have successful surgeries. I feel like most people take news updates like these for granted
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby brickwall281 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:39 pm

You're not the only one
:pep: Gooby Pls :pep:
brickwall281
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Iraq

Postby Tedesco » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:00 am

Good. Let's hope you recover well...

Should I bring some cookies to the hospital he is on? My spanish is horrible, thou. #-o
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Return to Official FC Bayern News