You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Statement from Karl-Heinz Rummenigge

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Re: Statement from Karl-Heinz Rummenigge

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:34 pm

MoFattal wrote:Well, one could argue that EVERY nation that hosted/will host the World Cup had something going on "under the table". Why is all the fuss surrounding 2022 whereas the earlier "forgotten" edition of Russia 2018 (which is of very similar circumstances) is not? Until concrete evidence is provided, one can never know whether Qatar "bought" the rights to host 2022 or whether it's just a media fuss because journalists just don't like the country.

Regardless of the awarding procedure, the hosting country is decided, process is closed, and there are still 7 years ahead to figure out some sort of an arrangement to accommodate the winter cup. This thing is getting a lot more attention that it should.

with all due respect ... Qatar and Russia are totally different... I don't think that in Russia they experience a 45-50 degrees!
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ottackon » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:35 pm

Giving the WC to such a false country is a disgrace in itself.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby runaway » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:00 pm

MoFattal wrote:That's still an assumption.

They appointed Garcia and Eckert to investigate both WC bids. After the investigation, Eckert blocked Garcia's report to be published. Then FIFA releases a 42 page summary of Garcia's report to say there's no wrongdoing which it's own author said, "numerous materially incomplete and erroneous representations of the facts."

Garcia has said of FIFA that its "... investigation and adjudication process operates in most parts unseen and unheard...That’s a kind of system which might be appropriate for an intelligence agency but not for an ethics compliance process in an international sports institution that serves the public and is the subject of intense public scrutiny."

So FIFA lets an investigation be conducted, refuses to release the full findings on basis of legal reasons, and in turn releases a 42 page summary of the investigation from another person where the main author has said that the summary misrepresented the full report. That's not shady at all.

I have no qualms on a winter WC but how Qatar WC is achieved from the bidding process to the building of the infrastructure themselves just reflects how sad, unfair, and corrupted our world we live in today. For the biggest spectacle of world football, so much blood and sweat is being shed for this one. At least Russia pays their construction workers minimum wage.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby JANCKER » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:08 am

WCs should take place only in Germany and that's it… Russia, Qatar… are you kidding me? I have no connection with Germany or whatsoever, but that's the best place for such an event to take place. In 2006 was the best organized WC… The best didn't win but that's football.
JANCKER

Postby MoFattal » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:18 am

Just for the record, I was referring to both Qatar and Russia having a similar bidding process; was not referringg to the weather, which is a lame excuse for me.

As for corruption, slavery, politics, etc. both countries are equally culpable, with Russia even much more with its recent issues. I don't see them getting as much hate as Qatar does, and for me that is discrimination.

Anyhow, we went a off-topic here. A winter WC is not an ideal solution as it would definitely have effects on the previous and forthcoming seasons in Europe and many other countries. I think keeping it in the summer, with all those air-conditioning technologies set in place, would be a better idea.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:51 pm

The only difference between Russia and Qatar is Qataris were not smart enough to wipe out their hard drives. Wiping things out in Russia is quite a common solution to everyday problems.
tflags

Previous

Return to Official FC Bayern News