You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Second chance of glory for thrilled Ribéry

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Second chance of glory for thrilled Ribéry

Postby FCBayernNews » Thu May 17, 2012 6:30 pm

Franck Ribéry's advice has been most welcome in recent days, not for coach Jupp Heynckes as he ponders his tactics for Saturday's Champions League showdown with Chelsea, but more for David Alaba, Luiz Gustavo and Holger Badstuber. The three men are suspended for the big final, the same unfortunate position Ribéry found himself in two years ago prior to the meeting with Inter in Madrid.

"Obviously, I'm trying to help them if I can. Missing a game like this due to a ban isn't easy for these players," the 29-year-old France star said after Thursday's workout in Munich. Franck revealed he has spent plenty of time speaking to Alaba, his normal partner down the left flank. "I said to him: it's tough, but you're with us. You've played a lot of games. Obviously it's a real shame you can't play in the final, but if we win, you can just forget it."

Ribéry knows what he's talking about. In the 2010 campaign, the tricky winger collected a controversial red card in the semi-final against Olympique Lyon and missed the clash in Madrid. "It wasn't a good situation for me two years ago and I felt bad about it," the player recalled, "I've often thought back to 2010." However, he is doubly delighted at developments this season. "I can make up for the missed final because I have a second chance. The final in Munich means I can finally banish the memory of Madrid."

"I didn't think I'd get this second chance so soon," Franck told kicker magazine, "I wanted us to get as far as possible this season, but I never thought we'd really battle through to the final. The final in Munich, it's unbelievable, but I think we deserve to be there. I hope we all join forces, turn in a great performance against Chelsea, and win the cup. That would be terrific."

Last final, historic victory?

Winning on Saturday would be a dream come true, the France star admitted. "I'm already 29, so who knows whether I'll appear in another final," he said, drawing comparisons between Saturday's match at the Allianz Arena and the 2006 World Cup final with France against Italy in Berlin: "If we win on Saturday it would be historic, so we have to give everything. We should be exhausted afterwards."

"I'm not even contemplating defeat to Chelsea," Ribéry continued, although he freely admitted the FA Cup winners are "a good team. I'm expecting them to be just as defensive and compact as they were against Barcelona." In the semi-final meeting with the Catalans, Chelsea waited for chances on the break, "and aimed long balls at Drogba." FCB certainly need a marquee performance from the Frenchman, but the portents are good, as he has just had his best-ever season in a red shirt with 12 goals and 20 assists.

Attacking strength

Arjen Robben understands the importance of a good contribution from his fellow wide man: "He's a very important player for us. It's important we work well as a team. Everything has to be right, from our organisation to our passion. If that works out, a player like Franck can decide a match, thanks to his individual quality. It's good we have him on board. It means our forward line is at full strength."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Second chance of glory for thrilled Ribéry

Postby quaazi » Thu May 17, 2012 7:10 pm

God am I eager to see what Ribs can do in his Champions League final.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby lau03143 » Thu May 17, 2012 7:26 pm

quaazi wrote:God am I eager to see what Ribs can do in his Champions League final.

A fired up Ribery is what we need to pin Cole back.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu May 17, 2012 8:48 pm

lau03143 wrote:
quaazi wrote:God am I eager to see what Ribs can do in his Champions League final.

Cole will be on the other side of the pitch, no?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Element » Thu May 17, 2012 8:53 pm

MUTU wrote:Cole will be on the other side of the pitch, no?

i think what he meant is that Ribery will make chelsea players sooooo busy taht even Cole will have to help the right side in controlling Ribery :P
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby lau03143 » Fri May 18, 2012 8:39 am

MUTU wrote:
lau03143 wrote:

Cole will be on the other side of the pitch, no?

That is correct! I was getting confused... Bosingwa!
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby AvatarX » Fri May 18, 2012 8:42 am

lau03143 wrote:That is correct! I was getting confused... Bosingwa!

Bosigwa is gonna have a hell of a night (almost literally) :D
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Fénix » Fri May 18, 2012 1:43 pm

He wanted the final, he got it. Now it remains to win it.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby machkover » Fri May 18, 2012 3:45 pm

Fénix wrote:He wanted the final, he got it. Now it remains to win it.

He deserves it better than any Londonian player anyway !!i hope he will score the one winning goal for us on an individual amazing effort of his !!
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby München Minded » Fri May 18, 2012 4:30 pm

Yep -- Ribéry will light things up. He was made for games like this. I am more confident of him doing something than Robben -- no offense to him -- but I see Ribéry making up for past things.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby Fénix » Sat May 19, 2012 12:45 pm

machkover wrote:
Fénix wrote:He wanted the final, he got it. Now it remains to win it.

He deserves it better than any Londonian player anyway !!i hope he will score the one winning goal for us on an individual amazing effort of his !!

2 years ago he missed also very important final(fcking Uefa after 2 ban appeals), but his 2nd chance is tonight to prove how great and important he is for our team. This is what he wanted in his career to achieve, for 7 hours he will get his chance on the field to burn and smash Chelsea.ž, take that CL 'can' and show to all of us who is the best in Europe. 8)
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Return to Official FC Bayern News