You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Sebastian Deisler celebrates return

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Sebastian Deisler celebrates return

Postby FCBayernNews » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:10 pm

Sebastian Deisler has resumed training with the senior squad just under six months after the latest in a long and miserable series of knee injuries. The 26-year-old took part in Tuesday's squad session, his first workout with the first team since undergoing surgery in the spring. "I'm feeling good. I'm delighted to be back playing football again," the player declared after the 75-minute routine.

Deisler sustained serious knee damage for the fifth time in his career during a training session on 14 March, necessitating another operation. Coach Felix Magath said he was delighted to see the midfielder again after his six-month absence. "I'm so pleased he's taken part again. He did very well and didn't appear anxious. It's looking good," the boss remarked.

<b>Back on target</b>

A crowd of around 500 curious onlookers shared the coach's sentiments. Deisler was clearly not yet ready for the full physical impact of tackling, but his shooting and dribbling skills appeared unimpaired. He even managed two goals in the practice match to round off the session, the second of them winning the game for his side. "He's not forgotten anything," Magath smiled, declaring himself "extremely satisfied" with his number 26's first serious workout.

The player himself looked in good spirits both before and after the training session. "I've no complaints at all about the knee. I just hope it stays that way," he reported, declining to set a target for a comeback to competitive match action: "Let's just wait and see how it goes."

<b>Run-out for reserves?</b>

Magath revealed he is considering sending Deisler to the reserves, where the player opened his comeback last week, to pick up much-needed match practice. "It'll depend how he gets on with us," the coach observed.

"The most important thing is that he gets several uninterrupted weeks on the training ground," Magath continued. "We need to give him time and not put him under any pressure. It'll come together of its own accord after that."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:11 pm

Now here's some great news! :) finally our injury list seems to be getting thin ;)
Last edited by MUTU on Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby podolski4life » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:57 pm

Welcome back Deisler!!!! :D
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby diegis » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:14 pm

olee
good news :D :D :D
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby CR7 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:26 pm

yaaaay
"I never comment on referees and I'm not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat."
(RON ATKINSON)
CR7
Getting the hang of it

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:12 am

awesome.!!!!!!!! that's what it is.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Return to Official FC Bayern News