You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Sammer praises tenacity, warns of complacency

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Sammer praises tenacity, warns of complacency

Postby FCBayernNews » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:10 pm

Claudio Pizarro collected an armful of presents prior to Bayern's meeting with Werder Bremen, including a bouquet, a watch and a photo collage. They were the official farewell gifts for the former Bremen man, who switched to Munich in the summer. But there was nothing else to be had for free on Saturday afternoon, as FCB were forced to fight every inch of the way for their 2-0 victory at the Weser stadium.

"It was tight all the way. Bremen made life difficult for us for a very long time," said Thomas Müller after Bayern's ninth victory on the bounce in all competitions, equalling the club's own record from 1984/85. "We can more than live with the start, we can be extremely satisfied," opined captain Philipp Lahm, although Saturday's display was not Bayern's best by any means: "Overall, that wasn't the way we wanted it to be," the full-back added.

The Reds' perfect Bundesliga record of six wins in six matches this season was only maintained thanks to late goals from Luiz Gustavo (81) and Mario Mandzukic (83). Until that point, FCB had enjoyed the bulk of the possession but struggled to create chances against a hard-running and disciplined home team. "Bremen are well organised and aggressive, and they play good football too," Holger Badstuber told fcbayern.de.

Especially in the first half, the visitors found openings near the home goal hard to come by. "The pace was too slow," moaned boss Jupp Heynckes, "the players tested my patience a little too much." The coach had used "some choice words" at half-time, he revealed, and that plus the introduction of Mandzukic, Xherdan Shaqiri and Javi Martinez was ultimately "the decisive factor," Heynckes said.

"We know we didn't really impose ourselves and that we've played better in the past. But we were clever in the second half and we deservedly came away with the three points," summarised Badstuber. "Especially in tight matches like that, you mustn't become impatient, overdo the attacking and get caught on the break," added Bastian Schweinsteiger, "winning in the last 10 or 15 minutes is all part of the game."

Typically for Bayern this season, there were critical comments as well as praise for the perfect record in the league so far. "Up until the opening goal it simply wasn't good enough, we have to accept that," complained board director for sport Matthias Sammer. "We made a lot of mistakes and we were sloppy at times. Obviously we're delighted with the win, but it was rubbish for long spells," Sammer fumed, "we have to be critical about this."

Plenty of effort, often uninspired

"We've won a very, very important match, and we were very tenacious at the end," continued the always straight-talking board director, "we resisted Bremen's aggression very well. But we were uninspired for long spells. We weren't really alert and determined. Too many players failed to match their potential."

Naturally, Sammer's intention is to stave off complacency. "We have to be careful we don't walk about with slumped shoulders because so many people are patting us on the back," he concluded. However, the players appear aware of the dangers. "We know where we have to improve," said Badstuber, "we need to go to Borisov with the attitude of winners right from the start."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Sammer praises tenacity, warns of complacency

Postby The Spyware » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:21 pm

Great words from Sammer =D> =D>
This is exactly the character that we missed here
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby lateef sadick » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:38 pm

there is more for improvement.
lateef sadick
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:25 pm

That is one scary looking dude when mad.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tflags

Postby quaazi » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:44 pm

He wants the precious.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:12 pm

Why did you post a picture with that ugly badge on his shirt?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fénix » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:46 pm

Sammer is born winner, not like Nerlinger who doesn't look like great personality and winner.

He assumes part of pressure, thereby making Heynckes' job easier with less pressure and that's obvious. Sammer is also encouraging team to work harder, stay on right course, etc. I was delighted when I saw headline in web articles of becoming sportdirector. =D>

Keep going Matthias, just keep going, even stronger and better. :thumbup:
Hans-Dieter Flick - der Beste der Besten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby lau03143 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:46 pm

Sammer, I believe was a very astute appointment from our board.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby BayernLove » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:58 pm

The man is sheer dedication. He's very hardworking and I must say that is definitely one thing that definitely impresses me =D> =D>
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby quaazi » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:02 pm

Doesn't look like a lunatic now, does he. :|
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:55 am

Well, seems like warnings of the open and public kind didn't exactly worked in his favor now did they?
tflags

Postby quaazi » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:39 pm

I guess you're right, it was entirely up to him to win that match and he failed.

WHAT A FLOP.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:47 pm

Yeah, open recrimination, wins every match... It gave the team such a good boost, didn't it?
tflags

Return to Official FC Bayern News