You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Salihamidzic: 'We'll be stronger with van Bommel'

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Salihamidzic: 'We'll be stronger with van Bommel'

Postby FCBayernNews » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:51 pm

The first break for internationals means half the Bayern squad is away from Munich at the moment, leaving a handful die-hards to continue training at the Säbener Strasse. One of them is Hasan Salihamidzic.

The 29-year-old, who brought down the curtain on his Bosnia international career a couple of weeks ago, sat down for a chat with <b>fcbayern.de</b>. Brazzo offered his views on Bayern's start to the season, the Champions League draw, and newcomer Mark van Bommel.

<b>Interview: Hasan Salihamidzic</b>

<b>fcbayern.de:</b> Brazzo, the round of Euro 2008 qualifiers means you have no match this weekend. How will you use the time?

<b><i>Hasan Salihamidzic:</i></b> "It's a time to be looking after your physique. We've done plenty of training, but it also gives us a chance to recuperate. You can build up the power you need to hit the gas later."

<b>fcbayern.de:</b> You've played three league matches so far. Are you satisfied with the start to the season?

<b><i>Salihamidzic:</i></b> "We can certainly be satisfied, but we can definitely improve. I'd have preferred us to have nine points. We simply failed to score against Nuremberg, although we did play well. That's something to build on."

<b>fcbayern.de:</b> Are you surprised by the good start?

<b><i>Salihamidzic:</i></b> "Our pre-season results weren't very good, but I always knew we'd end up with a very strong team. We stepped up a gear when it mattered."

<b>fcbayern.de:</b> But you must have been disappointed with losing 4-0 in Barcelona?

<b><i>Salihamidzic:</i></b> "It wasn't a great. There's no shame about losing in Barcelona, but we can't be going and losing 4-0 anywhere."

<b>fcbayern.de:</b> So are you now more keen than ever to get going in the Champions League?

<b><i>Salihamidzic:</i></b> "Regardless of winning or losing in Barcelona, you're always up for the Champions League."

<b>fcbayern.de:</b> What do you think of the Champions League draw, when Bayern were grouped together with Inter Milan, Sporting Lisbon and Spartak Moscow?

<b><i>Salihamidzic:</i></b> "It's not an easy group, but it could have been a lot worse. It'll be important to start well, and then we'll take it from there."

<b>fcbayern.de:</b> You welcomed Mark van Bommel to the squad a few days ago. What's your impression of him so far?

<b><i>Salihamidzic:</i></b> "He's a great guy and a very good footballer. Obviously we've known all about him from way back, when he played in Eindhoven and Barcelona. I reckon we'll have a lot of fun together."

<b>fcbayern.de:</b> What does he bring to the club?

<b><i>Salihamidzic:</i></b> "He's the kind of player who can make us more consistent as a team. We can only improve by having him on board. He'll definitely make us stronger."

<b>fcbayern.de:</b> Finally, a word on your personal situation. Your contract expires at the end of the season. Any news of what happens after that?

<b><i>Salihamidzic:</i></b> "I very much like it here, but there's nothing new to report. Let's wait and see what happens."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Salihamidzic: 'We'll be stronger with van Bommel'

Postby MUTU » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:13 am

FCBayernNews wrote:fcbayern.de: Finally, a word on your personal situation. Your contract expires at the end of the season. Any news of what happens after that?

Salihamidzic: "I very much like it here, but there's nothing new to report. Let's wait and see what happens."

Do the management team ever learn from their own mistakes? Why do they not renew the contracts or sell the player if he doesn't want to renew, so at least they'd get some money? The good majority of our players are leaving on a free!
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Return to Official FC Bayern News