You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Rummenigge on the Bundesliga opener, Coman and VAR

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Rummenigge on the Bundesliga opener, Coman and VAR

Postby FCBayernNews » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:15 pm

fcbayern.com talked to FC Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge on the day after the successful Bundesliga restart against TSG Hoffenheim.

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge interviewed

fcbayern.com: Mr Rummenigge, a victory for FC Bayern in the Bundesliga restart fixture. What's your assessment of the match?
Karl-Heinz Rummenigge: "Our team turned in an outstanding display in the first 45 minutes, our lead at half-time was fully deserved. However, our impetus ebbed away a bit when Kingsley Coman was fouled. You could tell our players were a bit shocked by the brutal foul. But at the end of the day our victory was fully deserved. We were the better and more active team over 90 minutes."

fcbayern.com: How is Kingsley Coman?
Rummenigge: "As you can imagine he was in great pain. He has to undergo syndesmosis surgery tomorrow and will be sidelined for a considerable period. We all wish him a quick and good recovery, he has our total support."

fcbayern.com: Hoffenheim coach Julian Nagelsmann had talked about the championship as the goal this season.
Rummenigge: "Basically I like a confident approach, and we're all interested in an exciting Bundesliga. Football is emotional, excitement is crucial. It's in our interest it stays like that. But if the rallying cries issued by Hoffenheim director Alexander Rosen and Julian Nagelsmann were the reason why their team roughed up our players like they did yesterday, it has nothing to do with fair play any more."

fcbayern.com: Do you have specific situations in mind?
Rummenigge: "Hoffenheim players committed brutal fouls, especially in the first half. Thiago, Coman and Franck Ribéry got fouled permanently to thwart our play. It was Wild West-style football. If as a result the best player on the pitch has to be subbed off with a severe injury, I can only say: The end does not justify the means, in no way at all. Overdoing the rough stuff has nothing to do with courage."

fcbayern.com: The VAR too was widely discussed after the match.
Rummenigge: "Basically I'm a great advocate of the VAR, it makes the game fairer. However, I think the German FA should establish professional structures in terms of the implementation. Two years of work have gone into this and it still isn't functioning as smoothly as desired. It leads to debate and public criticism again and again. The referees are let down."

fcbayern.com: What would you suggest?
Rummenigge: "We have to provide a remedy as soon as possible, we should install a task force that ensures professionalism. Professional football and experts must be on board. We saw at the World Cup in Russia how the VAR system can be applied well."

fcbayern.com: Bastian Schweinsteiger's farewell match against his current club Chicago Fire is on Tuesday…
Rummenigge: "We're all really looking forward to the match. Bastian is one of the most important and great players in FC Bayern's history, and he's deservedly very popular with the fans. I'm sure we'll see a very emtional farewell. Everyone's looking forward to the match."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Rummenigge on the Bundesliga opener, Coman and VAR

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:34 am

Rummenigge should have taken the opportunity to have a dig at UEFA for not yet implementing VAR.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:26 am

MUTU wrote:Rummenigge should have taken the opportunity to have a dig at UEFA for not yet implementing VAR.
But as I said about VAR.

The rules have to change...

Three chances per team and that's all...

P.S julian Nagelsmann is a big P####
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:27 am

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Rummenigge should have taken the opportunity to have a dig at UEFA for not yet implementing VAR.
But as I said about VAR.

God forbid that happens. Real Madrid would still be favoured by the referees against Bayern if that happens because Bayern would run out of calls. Limits are crazy. Why can't you keep making calls for clear mistakes just because the referee already made 3 big mistakes against you which you had to ask VAR to review?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:29 pm

I can imagine it being quite difficult for UEFA implementing the VAR while for FIFA it's just another marketing tool to make money off every four years.
tflags

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:46 pm

tflags wrote:I can imagine it being quite difficult for UEFA implementing the VAR while for FIFA it's just another marketing tool to make money off every four years.

Yes it's difficult because UEFA is getting a lot of money for unfair decisions if you know what I mean.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:37 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
But as I said about VAR.

God forbid that happens. Real Madrid would still be favoured by the referees against Bayern if that happens because Bayern would run out of calls. Limits are crazy. Why can't you keep making calls for clear mistakes just because the referee already made 3 big mistakes against you which you had to ask VAR to review?
But this is total comedy...
For every f..... thing they are going to check the var...

And this lack of assertiveness is only in Germany.
In italy it is different...

Therefore for the sake of uniformity fifa should set a set of universal rules...

For example it should only apply only for:
penalties
And
Off side goals

Not for red cards or anything else...

And I will stick to what I said...
A team may be able to use this technology only three two to three times per match
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:43 pm

ramsej84 wrote:But this is total comedy...
For every f..... thing they are going to check the var...

And this lack of assertiveness is only in Germany.
In italy it is different...

Therefore for the sake of uniformity fifa should set a set of universal rules...

For example it should only apply only for:
penalties
And
Off side goals

Not for red cards or anything else...

And I will stick to what I said...
A team may be able to use this technology only three two to three times per match

VAR would have called the referee on 4 occasions in the 2nd leg against Real Madrid.
I'd rather have the referee stop the match 50,000 times and have the match last over 24 hours with interruptions than getting eliminated by referee 'mistakes' like we did against Real Madrid.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:24 pm

If there are fans owners who spend 200 millions in signing players for win their fans dream (champions league trophy), considering that winning champions league give you less than how many they spend for win this, then they are capable to reach to referee home door and give them also their money gift.

More than UEFA business, is more likely oil rich fans buying the trophy.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Return to Official FC Bayern News