You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robben: We made it difficult for ourselves

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Robben: We made it difficult for ourselves

Postby FCBayernNews » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:30 pm

Arjen Robben's stoppage-time winner against Bochum in the DFB Cup last sixteen clash means Bayern remain in with a chance of three trophies next year. "But it could have gone the other way," a relieved Toni Kroos admitted. "All credit to VfL Bochum. They were terrific tonight," said Robben, who summed up a fine first half of the campaign for FCB: "We're top of the league, and we're through in the cup and the Champions League, what more could we ask for?"

Reaction to Bochum v Bayern:

Arjen Robben: "All credit to VfL Bochum. They can be proud of themselves, they gave it everything and they tried to attack. They were terrific tonight, although we also made it difficult for ourselves. I was thinking we'd have to play another half-hour. We're top of the league, and we're through in the cup and the Champions League, what more could we ask for? But for now, I'm pleased it's the holidays."

Toni Kroos: "Obviously, we were hoping it would be a bit more convincing, no doubt about that. But cup ties are always a bit different. We were the better team, but we were unable to turn that into clear-cut chances for long spells. However, I do think there can be no complaints about us winning 2-1 at the end. Bochum did well. I thought they'd start getting at least a little tired, because they covered so much ground, but they showed real character. At the end of the day, it wasn't quite enough for them, although it could have gone the other way. We're in a great position in all three competitions. We'll enjoy a relaxed Christmas now."

Christoph Dabrowski (VfL Bochum captain): "It's a real shame. We put up a thrilling fight and we can be proud of tonight's performance. I wanted to open up the play with one more crossfield pass, but it was intercepted, and Bayern have all the class you need to finish off the move. I take responsibility for the goal, and I'm really gutted for my team."

Giovanni Federico (VfL Bochum): "We did really well for 90 minutes tonight and stopped them creating very much. It was a very brave and courageous performance, and we kept on trying to hurt them at the back from time to time. Obviously, you're gutted when you let in a goal in the 91st minute, but we also saw that Bayern are world-class."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News