You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robben ruled out of Hoffenheim clash

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Robben ruled out of Hoffenheim clash

Postby FCBayernNews » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:30 pm

Bayern will be without Arjen Robben in Saturday afternoon's home meeting with 1899 Hoffenheim. The Dutch winger is still struggling with the hamstring problem which prevented him appearing in the recent matches against Borisov and Wolfsburg. "It's a real shame he won't be in the team tomorrow," Jupp Heynckes said on Friday.

After the team's return from Minsk on Wednesday afternoon, Robben resumed the squad training programme. "He was in outstanding form for 40 or 45 minutes," Heynckes revealed, "and then he suddenly told me he was feeling the same pain in the same place." Robben immediately broke off the session and reported to chief medical officer Dr Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfahrt. A week earlier, in the home meeting with Wolfsburg, the player was substituted after sensing the injury.

Heynckes is now hoping Arjen can use the two-week international break "to regain 100 percent fitness, and return for our next Bundesliga match." Netherlands boss Louis van Gaal has not called the winger up for World Cup qualifiers against Andorra and Romania.

Ribéry doubtful

Franck Ribéry is also a doubt for the Hoffenheim clash. The Frenchman has a tight calf after taking a knock in Minsk last Tuesday. The definite absentees are Mario Gomez (sports rehab training) and David Alaba (stress fracture).

Alaba is at least back in training with the rest of the team. "I can kick the ball properly again and it doesn't hurt," the 20-year-old was reported as saying in the Austrian press. "Naturally I still lack 10 to 20 percent in terms of freshness and ball control, which is why I'm doing extra training."

Friendly next Thursday

Speeding up Alaba's recovery is one of the reasons Heynckes has arranged a friendly for next Thursday, 11 October. "All the players who are here and fit will play, including David, I hope," said the coach. After the workout, Heynckes will speak with Austria coach Marcel Koller "and discuss whether it makes sense for him to join up with the national team." The Austrians play Kazakhstan in Vienna on 16 October, but Alaba is currently only on standby for the game.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Robben ruled out of Hoffenheim clash

Postby MUTU » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:51 pm

FCBayernNews wrote:Speeding up Alaba's recovery is one of the reasons Heynckes has arranged a friendly for next Thursday, 11 October. "All the players who are here and fit will play, including David, I hope," said the coach. After the workout, Heynckes will speak with Austria coach Marcel Koller "and discuss whether it makes sense for him to join up with the national team." The Austrians play Kazakhstan in Vienna on 16 October, but Alaba is currently only on standby for the game.

Does anyone know any details about this friendly match? I would like to add it to our fixtures list and start a match thread for it.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Commodore » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:19 pm

The German site gives as little details as the English translation. I suppose it's going to be against a local amateur side.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:38 pm

Commodore wrote:The German site gives as little details as the English translation. I suppose it's going to be against a local amateur side.

I'm assuming the details will come out when everything is finalised.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby OhioFan » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:59 am

Commodore wrote:The German site gives as little details as the English translation. I suppose it's going to be against a local amateur side.

You mean like 1860?
Stay well brothers and sisters in this time of world peril.
No matter who or where you are, peace be with you.
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:14 am

I don't understand why there are no details out yet if this friendly match is to be played in 4 days' time.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:02 am

That whole Qatar thing was kept under wraps quite well, and this will likely be some random local team. Probably won't even bother selling tickets to it they won't!
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:11 am

quaazi wrote:That whole Qatar thing was kept under wraps quite well, and this will likely be some random local team. Probably won't even bother selling tickets to it they won't!

But then what's the point of saying there will be a friendly if it's supposed to be a secret? :eh:
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:51 pm

Not so much a secret as it is unadvertised, as in, no tickets to be sold so no point in talking about it.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Return to Official FC Bayern News