You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Ribery: The whole country's waiting for this

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Ribery: The whole country's waiting for this

Postby FCBayernNews » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:30 pm

Franck Ribéry spent his Sunday in Upper Bavaria, visiting the local Bayern fan club in Pleiskirchen. The France superstar had "great fun" with the 500 fan club members who flocked to greet him: "It's fantastic for me here," he reported.

Ribéry also enjoyed his run-out the previous day in Leverkusen, where Bayern defeated the Rhineland outfit 2-0 and leapfrogged their opponents to go second in the table. Ribéry again made a huge contribution to his side's victory, and although he was unable to make it seven consecutive games with a goal to his name, the 25-year-old had a decisive hand in both his side's goals. "It was a very important win for us," the player reflected on Monday.

Ribéry and Co are now determined to chalk up another vital victory on Friday, when Bundesliga leaders TSG 1899 Hoffenheim visit the Allianz Arena. "The whole of Germany's waiting for this match," Ribéry declared ahead of the meeting between the top two in the table. "I hope we give a decent account of ourselves and win again."testFocus on winning

The Frenchman admitted he was unfamiliar with any of the players currently starring for the promoted high-flyers, "but I know they're a good team who score plenty of goals." Indeed, Hoffenheim have racked up 40 goals in 15 matches so far, no fewer than 17 of them netted by on-fire striker Vedad Ibisevic. Bayern have 35 goals in the credit column so far.

The men from Hoffenheim lead Munich by three points, a gap Bayern intend to close on Friday. The champions need to win by four clear goals if they are to go top at the final whistle. "Nothing's impossible in football, but I think we'd be satisfied enough with a win," acknowledged Daniel van Buyten.

Ribéry also feels top spot in the standings is a secondary issue in this particular match. "It's not about how many goals we score. What matters is that we take all three points." In any case, Van Buyten argued, the honour of going into the winter break at the head of the standings would not be decided until Matchday 17, when Bayern visit Stuttgart and Hoffenheim entertain Schalke. "We're about to see who has the best team," the Belgian colossus declared. The German football community is already eagerly awaiting the answer to that very question.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News