You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Ribéry aiming for comeback in Bremen

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Ribéry aiming for comeback in Bremen

Postby FCBayernNews » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:45 pm

Franck Ribéry and Arjen Robben were reunited on the pitch on Wednesday, although they were on opposing sides in a training ground practice match. A day earlier, when the bulk of the Bayern squad travelled to Basel for the successful warm-up in advance of the Bundesliga restart fixture, "Rib" and "Rob" also joined forces for a gruelling fitness session at the Säbener Strasse, but the pair will be temporarily separated again this coming Friday.

Barring an unforeseen setback, Robben will be named in the squad for Friday's home meeting with Hoffenheim. If the 25-year-old is deemed fully fit - and all the signs in midweek were that this should be the case - he will start the crucial game, coach Louis van Gaal has announced. By contrast, Ribéry still has another week to go before being considered for competitive action.

Fitness deficit

"Franck hasn't trained for two months, and he still needs to build up his stamina. That's what he'll be doing this week," explained Van Gaal: "I reckon he'll be ready for the Bremen game." Should everything go according to plan, it would be the first time Robben and Ribéry have lined up together since the Champions League meeting with Juventus on 30 September last year.

"Franck is unquestionably world-class, and you're always better with him in the side," director of sport Christian Nerlinger commented. The Frenchman has been forced to postpone a comeback on more than one occasion in the last two months. He shook off a stubborn patellar tendon injury before Christmas, but was forced to the sidelines by a bruised toe. The toes were the problem again last week when an inflammation meant Ribéry was all but unable to take part in the squad training programme in Dubai.

Powerful weapons

"We all want to watch and enjoy a fit and healthy Ribéry," Nerlinger commented on Tuesday evening. Asked about the player's future plans, the director of sport repeated earlier replies on the subject: "We'll sit down with him at some point in the spring." One of two alternatives appears likely at the present time: either the player extends his deal with FCB beyond its expiry date of 2011, or he will be sold at the end of the season.

"I hope Franck stays," Robben declared in a double interview with Ribéry published by SportBild. The France star has said he wishes to clarify his future plans in advance of the World Cup, but his immediate priority is to win trophies with Bayern: "I'll do whatever I can for that." The aim is a dazzling partnership with Robben: "I'm already looking forward to dancing down the wings with him."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Ribéry aiming for comeback in Bremen

Postby shileno » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:46 pm

I'm starting to think again that Ribery should only play CL matches lol
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:15 pm

shileno wrote:I'm starting to think again that Ribery should only play CL matches lol

I know you meant that as a joke, but just thinking about it I think that would be suicide. Ribery is a critical role in van Gaal's tactics, and getting the players to play in a different style just for the CL matches wouldn't work well... players need to get used to a tactic and not adjust them for an important match.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tappinho » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:04 pm

[quote="FCBayernNews"]Robben: "I'm already looking forward to dancing down the wings with him."[/quote]

me too...
tappinho
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shileno » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:28 pm

Suicide? Nah.. We beat Juve and have great matches without him. Of course we can be a lot better with him but we proved that we don't depend on Ribery.

I think Schweini and MVB are more important than him. We played great when our midfield was playing great.
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby appudds » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:35 am

I think Ribery will start from Bremen match till the end of the season!
I am optimistic about this! :)
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
India

Return to Official FC Bayern News