You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Reaction to UEFA Cup draw

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Reaction to UEFA Cup draw

Postby FCBayernNews » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:29 pm

The Bayern camp has reacted positively to Tuesday’s UEFA Cup draw, grouping the men from Munich with opponents from Belgrade, Bolton, Braga and Thessaloniki. “I like the look of the group," offered Miroslav Klose. “It’s not the most difficult group, some of the others are groups of death. But they’re all good teams," Mark van Bommel reckoned.

<b>Reaction to Tuesday’s UEFA Cup draw:</b>

<b>Karl-Heinz Rummenigge:</b> “I don’t want to start debating whether this is a more or less difficult group. We’ve been given attractive opponents, but it’ll be anything but a stroll, especially against Bolton Wanderers from England and Red Star Belgrade, who knocked us out many years ago. But we’re Bayern Munich. We have a great deal of quality in the team and I’m certain we’ll achieve our target of qualifying for the next round.“

<b>Uli Hoeneß:</b> “It’s not an easy group. We’ll have to watch ourselves. Bolton Wanderers and Red Star Belgrade are big-name clubs. We’re up against Braga, another Portuguese side. Our experience with Belenenses showed that won’t be a stroll. And Werder Bremen know all about the strength of the Greek league after losing to Piraeus. But as third place is enough to get through, a lot would have to go wrong for us to miss out...“

<b>Ottmar Hitzfeld:</b> “We’ve been handed an attractive draw against some very good teams. It’s a demanding group. I rate Bolton Wanderers from England and Red Star Belgrade as our main rivals. But on the other hand, Bayern are favourites whenever we play, and that applies here too. We’ve set our sights high – we’re aiming to make the final.“

<b>Miroslav Klose:</b> “I like the look of the group. I faced Thessaloniki once with Kaiserslautern, we won and I scored. I’m looking forward to Bolton Wanderers, because I always enjoy it against English clubs, and Red Star Belgrade and Braga are interesting too. Provided we concentrate in all our matches, we should definitely get through.“

<b>Mark van Bommel:</b> “It’s not the most difficult group, some of the others are groups of death. But they’re all good teams. However, we can’t be contemplating anything less than getting through!“

<b>Philipp Lahm:</b>“It’s not an easy group, there are some tricky opponents. The away games in Belgrade and Braga will be tough. But we’re Bayern Munich, we’re the favourites.“

<b>Michael Rensing:</b> “I’m happy with the draw. Plenty of interesting opponents. I’m especially pleased about Red Star, my mother is Yugoslav by birth and we used to follow all Red Star’s matches. Bolton Wanderers are a good team too, but looking at the group, we’ve got to be capable of qualifying.“
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News