You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Reaction to Thursday's Champions League draw

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Reaction to Thursday's Champions League draw

Postby FCBayernNews » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:30 pm

24.08.2006 <div class="abstand_unten_20"> </div> Bayern have been drawn to play Internazionale of Milan, Sporting Lisbon and Spartak Moscow in Group B of this year's Champions League. Bayern coach Felix Magath was not at all unhappy following Thursday's draw: "It's a good group, and we have a chance of getting through."

<b>Reaction to Champions League draw:</b>

<b>Karl-Heinz Rummenigge:</b> "A very interesting group featuring my old club Inter. They have a very strong team, they've been active in the market and signed Crespo, Ibrahimovic, and who knows who else might come. We'll show plenty of respect for Lisbon and Moscow, but we've set ourselves the target of surviving the group stage and making the first knockout round."

<b>Uli Hoeneß:</b> "The draw represents a major challenge for our young team. I hope we can get through the group stage and make it to the knockout round."

<b>Felix Magath:</b> "It's a good group, and we have a chance of getting through. Inter Milan are hardly the worst club around, and that will be a real challenge. They've made huge improvements to their squad for this season, and they're no worse than Chelsea or Barcelona. It's another chance to test ourselves against a truly top club. Spartak Moscow are a much more manageable proposition, and Lisbon are capable of very good football. It's not an easy group, but I expect us to get through. Inter Milan will clearly be the main obstacle between us and winning the group, but I believe we'll make the first knockout round."

<b>Oliver Kahn:</b> "We want to make the last sixteen, and let me say this: we will make the last sixteen. We'll need total focus against Inter, Moscow and Lisbon, but that's also how we'll reach our goal."

<b>Roy Makaay:</b> "It could have been worse. It'll be an exciting duel and a test against Inter, and we'll need to collect the necessary points for the round of sixteen against Moscow and Lisbon."

<b>Bastian Schweinsteiger:</b> "Inter Milan are top drawer. That won't be easy. Obviously it'll be cold again in Moscow, but we'll grit our teeth in this group and make the last sixteen."

<b>Roque Santa Cruz:</b> "Obviously I'm looking forward to meeting Inter Milan. We're favourites along with the Italians. I believe we'll live up to our billing and make it through to the knockout round. But we'll have to watch ourselves in this group. Inter are a huge club, and they've made some great signings. Lisbon are a good footballing side, a bit like the Brazilian national team. I have good memories of Moscow. We won there 3-1 a couple of years ago."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News