You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Reaction to Nuremberg v Bayern

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Reaction to Nuremberg v Bayern

Postby FCBayernNews » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:55 am

The gloss well and truly came off Ottmar Hitzfeld's return to the Bayern helm on Friday evening as the champions slumped to their biggest defeat of the season so far, a 3-0 reverse against Bavarian rivals Nuremberg. "I'm disappointed, at the way we fell apart towards the end, that we tried hard but were often second to the ball, that we made so many mistakes in defence, and that we showed so little discipline," the General fumed. However, FCN chief Hans Meyer acknowledged that the visitors had his team on the rack for long spells.

<b>Reaction to Nuremberg v Bayern:</b>

<b>Ottmar Hitzfeld:</b> "Now I know just how much work I have ahead of me. We had a couple of chances in the first half, but we were a long way from fluent. I'm disappointed, at the way we fell apart towards the end, that we tried hard but were often second to the ball, that we made so many mistakes in defence, and that we showed so little discipline. It was also disappointing to see the team's lack of belief in themselves. Too many passes went astray, and we showed far too little creativity. These are good players, but they have to play to their potential. We'll have to work on every little detail, and go back to the basics in some areas. But I'm still looking forward to the challenge. It's obvious we're not a fully-formed team yet, but we'll work on that in training."

<b>Hans Meyer (Nuremberg coach):</b> "Bayern have been looking out of sorts for a lot longer than a week. In the circumstances, you can reasonably hope to draw at home or sneak a win. But we mustn't be fooled by the 3-0 scoreline. We took an early lead, but we had loads of problems in the first half. We totally surrendered control of the match. Bayern seized the initiative and pulled us all over the place in defence. I know they didn't create much in front of goal, but there were plenty of situations which made me uncomfortable. They didn't cause us as many problems in the second half though."

<b>Markus Schroth (Nuremberg scorer):</b> "We played well and concentrated hard for the first 20 or 25 minutes. Bayern were more aggressive after that and made life difficult for us. We had a few problems, but I think we deserved to win."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Schweini_rules » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:23 am

riiiight. at least Hitzfeld revealed the truth.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Green » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:59 am

.. The only bright side of this is that Hitzfeld definatly knows what he's saying?
Green
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News