You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Reaction to Internazionale v Bayern

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Reaction to Internazionale v Bayern

Postby FCBayernNews » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:30 am

Bayern's first victory on Italian soil since the so-called "Miracle of Milan" back in 1988 finally materialised on Wednesday evening. The opponents were again Internazionale, as the German double winners chalked up a thoroughly deserved 2-0 victory over the rattled Italian champions to take a giant stride towards their goal of winning Champions League Group B. Spirits were understandably high in the Bayern dressing room afterwards. "We've finally recorded an impressive victory after a long wait. An away win against a big-name club will do wonders for our belief," declared captain Oliver Kahn.

<b>Reaction to Internazionale v Bayern:</b>

<b>Felix Magath:</b> "I knew we were in good shape, and that we'd see the real Bayern Munich in the Champions League. We couldn't have come here tonight expecting to win, which makes it all the more satisfying. It wasn't our job to take the initiative. I'd have been satisfied with a point beforehand. We lost our shape after Ibrahimovic was sent off, we were too passive and ran into difficulties for a time. But that puts us in the driving seat. The way Inter played tonight was deplorable. There were one or two unacceptable incidents."

<b>Franz Beckenbauer:</b> "Both teams took a while to get going, and there were too many misplaced passes. It won't go down as one of the greatest Champions League games of all time."

<b>Oliver Kahn:</b> "I think it was an outstanding tactical performance, we kept it tight from the start, and restricted them to very few chances. We've finally recorded an impressive victory after a long wait. An away win against a big-name club will do wonders for our belief. We've proved we can compete, and that we're a great team when we concentrate. But the job now is to confirm that against Wolfsburg."

<b>Lukas Podolski:</b> "Before I came on, I promised I'd score tonight. I'm delighted it worked out. I try to do my best whenever I come on, and I was overjoyed about playing here in this stadium tonight. We've taken all three points, and we can head for home satisfied."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby schwarzes » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:23 am

Definitely a well-deserved victory for bayern. We beat inter milan hands down. I just hope that this winning streak can keep going on.
schwarzes
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mirage » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:36 pm

Aww Podolski promised himself he'd score! Cute! But I'm yet to see the full goal, I've only seen where he dribbles around the goalie and shoots!
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:11 pm

I'm still trying to find the highlights. They should be up in a day or two.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby podolski4life » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:07 am

Hah, after scoring he ran to the corner, jumped, and side-kicked. I've got to see that.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:15 am

Here's the full goal highlight with his kick at the corner flag :)

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:15 am

I wasn`t happy just because we`ve won the match against Inter in Italy. but I was so glad with the performace, everyone was great and they`ve played such a great team work, Bayern`ve controled the whole match from the start `till the end. but after wolfsburg`s match today, now I`m wondering!.. that victory against Inter has happend because we were so great? or Inter was so poor?.. just think about it!.... :!:
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:42 am

podolski4life wrote:Hah, after scoring he ran to the corner, jumped, and side-kicked. I've got to see that.

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Return to Official FC Bayern News