You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Reaction to Hamburg v Bayern

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Reaction to Hamburg v Bayern

Postby FCBayernNews » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:15 pm

Not for the first time this season, Bayern were responsible for a proverbial game of two halves on Saturday, "failing to show up" for the first period according to coach Felix Magath, but then roaring off the blocks after the interval to seal an ultimately deserved victory. "I'm delighted at the way we improved, although I can't explain why we were so passive at the start," the boss mused.

<b>Reaction to Hamburg v Bayern</b>

<b>Felix Magath:</b> "I'm delighted at the way we improved in the second half, although I can't explain why we were so passive at the start. We didn't show up for the first half, but we did well in the second half and claimed the three points. We ultimately deserved to win, and we can be pleased we've not lost any ground at the top."

<b>Roy Makaay:</b> "The first half was poor. We were OK up to their goal, as we didn't have to commit ourselves to attack. HSV were the better team after that, although they never created anything clear-cut. We had a good talk at half-time, and then we showed what we're capable of in the second half. We dominated HSV for three-quarters of an hour and the game was played out in their half."

<b>Claudio Pizarro:</b> "I always go for goals, and it worked out today. It's nothing to do with looking for a new contract. It's good for the club when I score and play well. Over the last six games, we've only reacted after falling behind. You don't want that to happen normally, we have to work on it. But at the end of the day we've won the game."

<b>Daniel van Buyten:</b> "I was hurt by the crowd's reaction, but I was up for it today. I wanted us to take all three points and did the best I could. I'm still very fond of HSV, and I'm sorry they're stuck down at the bottom."

<b>Thomas Doll (Hamburg coach):</b> "Yet again we've played brilliantly in the first half and started well after the break, at least for the first five minutes. But we've inexplicably tried to shut up shop and allowed Bayern the run of the park. We dropped back too deep and stopped tackling."

<b>Stefan Wächter (Hamburg keeper):</b> "We basically chased a second goal, but we failed to score it. Then we saw Bayern play to their potential and we let them pin us too far back. Bayern took over after that and we let them have too many chances. We have to show more determination at the back, and then we can start trying to protect a 1-0 lead. We're not enjoying any luck at all right now, and we're short of class in front of goal."

<b>Mehdi Mahdavikia (Hamburg):</b> "We gave a good account of ourselves in the first half, but in the second half we started thinking about protecting the lead, and we've let in two goals. We've been very unlucky recently, we're losing every game."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Schweini_rules » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:36 pm

We have always been poor in the start and the first half...i can not find any reasonable reason for that ..
Anyway and i think the HSV fan reaction against Van Buyten was simply not reasonable , he gave and helped that team a lot but that doesnt mean he will be always playing for them . The victory is dedicated to Van i think and even the other teamates in FCB agree with me.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Reaction to Hamburg v Bayern

Postby tracylynn » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:44 am

FCBayernNews wrote: Claudio Pizarro: Over the last six games, we've only reacted after falling behind. You don't want that to happen normally, we have to work on it.

Yes, the team does need to work on that. It's fine if it happens every once in a while but 4 games straight is not that good. Granted, they won three of the games and tied the other but they should not rely on coming back from behind.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Return to Official FC Bayern News