You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Reaction to Champions League draw

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Reaction to Champions League draw

Postby FCBayernNews » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:10 pm

A renewal of hostilities with Spanish giants Real Madrid provoked mixed feelings at Bayern on Friday afternoon. “That’s an incredibly tough match,“ declared coach Felix Magath, fearful that the Spaniards would be “even stronger“ come February. Bastian Schweinsteiger was far more optimistic, looking forward to a trial of strength with “one of the biggest names in European football. We’ll do everything in our power to make the next round.“

<b>Reaction to Friday’s Champions League draw:</b>

<b>Felix Magath:</b> “That’s an incredibly tough draw. The record books show us struggling in Madrid, and them struggling in Munich. Real weren’t especially impressive in their group, but we shouldn’t forget that new coach Fabio Capello only arrived in the summer. I’ve watched Real Madrid get better and better as the season has gone on. They’re the only team in Spain who’ve beaten Barcelona. I’m sure Real will be even stronger come February.”

<b>Roy Makaay:</b> “It won’t be easy. It’s not as if we don’t know Real are a good team, and in any case, there are no easy opponents once you get to the last sixteen. We have a score to settle with Real Madrid from two years ago, when they were lucky to knock us out. This time we have the advantage of playing the second leg at home, which is definitely worth something, and it’s something we want to make the most of. It’s nice for me personally to be going back to Spain. Both games will be very special.”

<b>Bastian Schweinsteiger:</b> “I think it’s good we’ve been drawn to play Real. Real are one of the biggest names in European football. My first big appearance on the international stage came three years ago in Madrid. I know we lost, but I remember playing very well that night. We’ll do everything in our power to make the next round It’s a definite possibility against Madrid. We’re not such a bad team ourselves.”

<b>Daniel van Buyten:</b> “Getting Real isn’t such a bad thing. You pit your wits against some of the biggest names around, and you can show what you’re made of. We know them well enough, we know each and every one of their players, and their ground is one of the best in the world. I’m really looking forward to the games.”
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mirage » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:32 pm

I like what van Buyten said. They should be excited, they can't dread it lol. We can beat those because like Schweinsteiger says, we're a good side. I hope Beckham and Ronaldo play, oh and van Nistelrooy. They have so many good players :?
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News