You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Reaction to Bayern v Spartak Moscow

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Reaction to Bayern v Spartak Moscow

Postby FCBayernNews » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:40 am

Felix Magath was a happy man after watching his side take Spartak Moscow apart in the second half to emerge 4-0 winners on Tuesday night. "I was especially delighted to see our forwards getting among the goals, which is how it should be," the coach declared, although he acknowledged his team still has work to do: "We struggled in the first 45 minutes."

<b>Reaction to Bayern v Spartak Moscow</b>

<b>Karl-Heinz Rummenigge:</b> "It took us a long time to settle, which was largely down to our opponents. We had plenty of problems in the first half, which was also the case against Nuremberg and St Pauli. It got better and better after half-time, and Mark van Bommel fitted in extremely well. But we're still not firing on all cylinders. We want to take over top spot in the Bundesliga and make the knockout round in the Champions League."

<b>Felix Magath:</b> "4-0 is a great result, but we struggled in the first 45 minutes for a number of reasons. We were still heavy-legged after our tough Cup tie in Hamburg, and we still lack match practice. Our opponents were aggressive and full of running, and they were good at closing down the space around their penalty area. The goal straight after half-time was vital, and after that we played to our full potential at times. I was especially delighted to see our forwards getting among the goals, which is how it should be. Our attacking line-up paid off."

<b>Lukas Podolski:</b> "Obviously I'd like to have scored, but you'll never score in every match. The important thing was taking all three points."

<b>Roque Santa Cruz:</b> "It was the tough contest we always expected, but we were patient, we started creating chances in the second half, and we scored goals. I took a knock on my Achilles, it hurt but it wasn't serious. I could have played on."

<b>Vladimir Fedotov (Spartak coach):</b> "Today's match proved you need experience to do well in the Champions League. That's what we lacked today, and we fell short of Bayern in footballing terms too. Bayern scored four goals from six chances, and we failed to score from four chances. We have 14 internationals in our squad, but even that was apparently not enough today."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News