You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Reaction to Bayern v Leverkusen

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Reaction to Bayern v Leverkusen

Postby FCBayernNews » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:55 pm

Bayern coach Ottmar Hitzfeld praised his team for bouncing back from Wednesday’s Champions League exit to collect three vital points in Sunday’s 2-1 victory at home to Bayer Leverkusen. The visitors made a fist of it after Andrey Voronin’s “sensational” goal, “but we deserved to win because we created more chances,” the General summarised.

<b>Reaction to Bayern v Bayer Leverkusen:</b>

<b>Ottmar Hitzfeld:</b> “We’ve succeeded in our target of taking three points today. We had to put our Champions League exit behind us at first, and the team did well, although it wasn’t easy. It was vital that we settled quickly and took the lead. We didn’t let up at the start of the second half, and we quickly went 2-0 ahead. But then they scored a sensational goal, I’ve rarely seen one as good as that. Any Bundesliga match would have been a tight affair after that. Leverkusen played some outstanding football and posed a constant threat. They were a real handful, and we have to be grateful to Oliver Kahn. But we deserved to win because we created more chances.”

<b>Roy Makaay:</b> “It was clear we’d have a few problems getting Wednesday out of our systems. It’s fortunate we took a two-goal lead. After Voronin pulled one back, our opponents noticed we were heavy-legged, but we saw it through to the end.”

<b>Valerien Ismaël:</b> “I’ve been through a very difficult phase, and that’s why I was so delighted to return to the action today.”

<b>Mark van Bommel:</b> “The three points are important, as we’ve shown our rivals we can stay the course. I’m suffering with a minor virus infection at the moment and couldn’t breathe properly at the end, but it won’t be a problem for the next match.”

<b>Michael Skibbe (Leverkusen coach):</b> “We’ve basically conceded two silly goals. We have to focus on our footballing quality, and keep the ball on the ground. We’ve played too much scrappy stuff recently. Today, we more than held our own throughout the match, and especially in the second half. We might have come away with something from the game, but we rode our luck at the back too, so Bayern’s victory is the right result. We finally have an opportunity to draw breath now, we’ve had a hard few weeks.”

<b>René Adler (Leverkusen keeper):</b> “Taking the game as a whole, we could have done better than that. The first goal was definitely my fault, I was late coming off my line. I have to apologise to the lads.”
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Reaction to Bayern v Leverkusen

Postby Romana » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:15 pm

FCBayernNews wrote: 15.04.2007

<b>Mark van Bommel:</b> “The three points are important, as we’ve shown our rivals we can stay the course. I’m suffering with a minor virus infection at the moment and couldn’t breathe properly at the end, but it won’t be a problem for the next match.”

=D>
Romario & Thomas Brolin

Romana
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News