You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Reaction to Bayern v Hansa Rostock

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Reaction to Bayern v Hansa Rostock

Postby FCBayernNews » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:54 am

Bayern got off to the start they wanted in the league with a comfortable 3-0 home win over promoted Hansa Rostock. Ottmar Hitzfeld was understandably pleased with most of what he saw from his team, but the coach reserved the highest praise for surprise starter Luca Toni. “He was a constant threat,” Hitzfeld enthused, delighted with his men’s focused attitude on the first day of the Bundesliga season.

<b>Reaction to Bayern v Hansa Rostock:</b>

<b>Ottmar Hitzfeld:</b> “We’ve delivered the goods today. After Monday’s game in Burghausen, we knew the dangers posed by so-called underdogs, and Rostock have won three times in Munich in the past. We were very focused from the start, but there were four or five breaks where we saw that Hansa can play football. We gave them too much space, and I wasn’t pleased by that. The second half wasn’t easy either, because we didn’t get the second goal until late on. I’m delighted the risk with Toni worked out. He was a constant threat, and his presence also made Klose more effective. It’s good when strikers get off the mark in the first match, it takes the pressure off.“

<b>Miroslav Klose:</b> “It was pretty good stuff for the first match, but no more than that. My partnership with Luca Toni’s already working very well. I hope we can keep it up, but we’ve got to do more with our chances, and work harder as a unit when we lose possession.“

<b>Luca Toni:</b> “I haven’t been able to train with the team a great deal, but I really feel at home here. I believe things are going to go well. Obviously, it’s fantastic playing alongside Miroslav Klose, you’ve got to be delighted at having a partner as good as him.“

<b>Frank Pagelsdorf (Hansa Rostock):</b> “Our school report for today would have noted that we were present. Bayern thoroughly deserved the margin of victory. We came here with big plans, but we couldn’t put them into action. We let them play far too much football, especially down the flanks in the second half.“
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News