You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Reaction to Bayern v Energie Cottbus

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Reaction to Bayern v Energie Cottbus

Postby FCBayernNews » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:15 pm

Bayern coach Felix Magath was pleased with the 2-1 win against Energie Cottbus and three points to keep Bayern in touch at the top of the Bundesliga, "but I'm not going to put a spin on today's victory. Yet again, we've struggled against defensive opponents," he acknowledged. The boss nevertheless said he was convinced his men would put on a better show at home in the second half of the season.

<b>Reaction to Bayern v Energie Cottbus</b>

<b>Felix Magath:</b> "I'm not going to put a spin on today's victory. Yet again, we've struggled against defensive opponents and looks short of creative ideas. You can't fault the team for commitment, but we currently don't look sharp enough to unpick a packed defence. We struggled and Energie played well. Cottbus must be the only team to have more shots on goal at the Allianz Arena than we did, which just demonstrates the scale of our problems. But the three points keep us in touch at the top. We have to accept we've not been particularly good at home up to now, but we're convinced it'll be a lot better after the winter break."

<b>Daniel van Buyten:</b> "I'm delighted at scoring my first goal, and even more thrilled as it turned out to be the winner."

<b>Bastian Schweinsteiger:</b> "I don't think the shot for my goal was an easy take for the keeper. We should just move on from this match, and now we're off to bottom club Mainz, although it won't be easy for us there either. Obviously we've played a lot of games this year, and we're probably not as fresh as we were at the start of the season, but we'll get through our last couple of matches somehow."

<b>Philipp Lahm:</b> "It was sleeves rolled up stuff today. We knew it would again be tough against a defensive team. Cottbus even stayed back after we'd gone 2-1 up. That's something we'll work on during the winter break, so it's not as hard work in similar matches for the rest of the campaign."

<b>Petrik Sander (Cottbus coach):</b> "The important thing today was the way we bounced back. We showed bags of courage and bite in the tackle, and maybe we could even have taken something from the game, but it wasn't to be. Bayern were a goal smarter than us, and they have Oliver Kahn to thank for a great save with ten minutes left, otherwise we might have pulled off an upset. Congratulations to Bayern."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News