You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Reaction to Bayern v Eintracht Frankfurt

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Reaction to Bayern v Eintracht Frankfurt

Postby FCBayernNews » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:20 pm

Bayern coach Felix Magath praised his men for a good first half at home to Eintracht Frankfurt, "when we played very well indeed." However, the boss bemoaned his side's failure to make the most of their chances: "We ought to be beating opponents like these far more easily, and not just declare ourselves satisfied at 2-0."

<b>Reaction to Bayern v Eintracht Frankfurt:</b>

<b>Felix Magath:</b> "I thought we played very well indeed in the first half, although it took us a while to get going. We looked confident after taking the lead, but we ought to be beating opponents like these far more easily, and not just declare ourselves satisfied at 2-0. Especially in the last half hour, my players had an opportunity to prove they're capable of scoring a hatful against teams other than Spartak Moscow. You're going to miss a penalty every now and then. When we go to Schalke, I want to see us play the way we did in the first half."

<b>Roy Makaay:</b> "I thought it was a clear-cut victory, and we were never in trouble. You want to be winning that kind of game as comfortably as possible, and I thought we achieved that today. We were better up front than against Kaiserslautern, and we were tight at the back as usual, although obviously we had chances to score another goal or two."

<b>Philipp Lahm:</b> "We were more aggressive today. We played very well after the first 20 minutes, and we concentrated well for the full 90 minutes. We should probably have scored another goal before half-time, and we'd have enjoyed an even more comfortable second half."

<b>Friedhelm Funkel (Eintracht coach):</b> "Congratulation to Bayern on a deserved victory. We were pretty good for the first 20 minutes, and we had a couple of chances. But Bayern dominated after that and it wasn't easy for us. It got even more difficult after the sending off. We battled away, but we weren't going to get a result today."

<b>Ioannis Amanatidis (Eintracht striker):</b> "It seems to be a bit jinxed for us here. We did better than last season and started well, but I don't understand why we stood off our men after that. That's how we conceded the goals, and that's why at the end of the day, we're going home empty-handed yet again."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News