You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Reaction to Bayern v Eintracht Frankfurt

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Reaction to Bayern v Eintracht Frankfurt

Postby FCBayernNews » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:04 pm

Following the goalless stalemate against Frankfurt, Bayern boss Ottmar Hitzfeld lamented his side’s failure to take their chances. “We applied a lot of pressure, but today we were a little unlucky too.“

<b>Reaction to Bayern v Eintracht Frankfurt:</b>

<b>Karl-Heinz Rummenigge:</b> “It’s a shame we didn’t win today. We deserved to win, we had 38 shots to their five. If Toni had scored right at the start, Frankfurt’s defensive tactics would have failed straight away. They defended well, but we certainly deserved to win. Everyone comes here and defends, but we mustn’t be knocked out of our stride by that.“

<b>Ottmar Hitzfeld:</b> “There’ll come a home game once in a while where we don’t score. We were extremely profligate with our chances, we could have been in the lead after just a few seconds. We missed three or four good openings in the first half, but we were too imprecise today. It got more and more difficult as the match went on, because Frankfurt pulled nine men back and didn’t even go looking for a goal. We applied a lot of pressure, but today we were a little unlucky too, although I still thought we’d score if we remained patient. But Frankfurt did very well, and having Nikolov in goal hardly worked against them today.“

<b>Friedhelm Funkel (Frankfurt coach):</b> “Obviously I’m happy with a point, because normally we’re not in the same league as Bayern. As everyone knows, we were missing a few key players today. We were extremely good tactically and we deserved the point, although obviously it was all down to defending. You don’t have many options when you’re forced to pick players who haven’t featured for a long time. My players defended to the bets of their abilities today. All that mattered was coming away with a point. Nikolov had a tremendous match, and we rode our luck in certain situations.“

<b>Oka Nikolov (Frankfurt keeper):</b> “We defended with eleven men at times, but that’s hardly surprising given Bayern’s class. We got lucky too, but the only thing that counts is that we’ve earned a point.“
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:37 pm

I agree with Rummenigge, if Toni scored right at the start, their defensive tactics would have failed staright away. and we could even score more goals. but we were just un-lucky! :|
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News