You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Reaction to Bayern v AC Milan

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Reaction to Bayern v AC Milan

Postby FCBayernNews » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:40 pm

Bayern were unable to build on an encouraging display in drawing 2-2 away to AC Milan a week ago, as the north Italian giants’ international class ultimately told in Munich on Wednesday night. “I’d rather we’d lost the first leg 2-1, because then we’d have shown the attitude we needed tonight, like we did against Real Madrid," captain Oliver Kahn mused afterwards.

<b>Reaction to Bayern v AC Milan:</b>

<b>Ottmar Hitzfeld:</b> “Naturally we’re bitterly disappointed. We put ourselves in a great position after the first leg, and we had high hopes of getting through, but today we’ve not shown the quality you need to knock out a top-class team like AC Milan. We matched them for the first 15 minutes and we created good chances for Christian Lell and Lukas Podolski. But we lacked aggression at their opening goal, and after that we played into their hands. We left a huge gap in the middle for their second. Milan showed all their ability after that. They let the ball do the work brilliantly. Milan boast experienced, disciplined and technically gifted players. We pulled ourselves together in the second half, but unfortunately we weren’t able to create anything clear-cut, because Milan kept it too tight. They’ve proved today that they’re one of the best teams in the world. Milan deserve their place in the semi-finals.”

<b>Oliver Kahn:</b> “I’d rather we’d lost the first leg 2-1, because then we’d have shown the attitude we needed tonight, like we did against Real Madrid. At the present time, I’d rate Milan as probably the best team around. They don’t need anything like five or six chances, they just need the two to score twice. I believed we could still do it right to the end, but the ball just didn’t want to go in tonight. We knocked Real Madrid out in the quarter-finals and pushed Milan to the limit in the first leg. Bayern Munich is nothing like a second-class club on the international stage. We now have to turn our focus to the Bundesliga and make sure we finish at least third, although that’ll be a tough enough task."

<b>Carlo Ancelotti (AC Milan coach):</b> “The result in the first leg was an unlucky one for us, but we always believed we’d get though if we delivered a similar performance tonight. You need experienced players in the Champions League. My team, and especially the captain, have that experience. I think that was clear enough tonight. It wasn’t a given that we’d get this far. We’ve had a lot of bad luck with injury over the last three years. I’m delighted. Now we want to make the Final in Athens and show the world what we’re capable of. We want to try and maintain Italian football’s standing in Europe.”
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Romana » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:26 am

:cry:
Romario & Thomas Brolin

Romana
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SNAKE » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:29 am

Cheer up, we will have our revenge soon. Dont worry.

SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News