You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

"Professional football is not a one-man show"

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

"Professional football is not a one-man show"

Postby FCBayernNews » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:55 pm

Hansi Flick takes charge of FC Bayern for the first time on Wednesday as the German record champions host Olympiacos on Matchday 4 of the Champions League. On the eve of the game, the 54-year-old fielded questions from journalists in the press conference at Säbener Straße.

Hansi Flick on...

... his new role as coach: “It all happened very quickly on Sunday evening. I was sitting having dinner with my wife when the call came from Hasan Salihamidžić. I then drove to Säbener Straße and the situation was explained to me. I was clear about putting myself forward for the coaching position, out of loyalty to the club.”

... Niko and Robert Kovač: “I have come to regard Niko and Robert very highly over the past months, so it wasn’t an easy situation. Niko is always honest and straight to the point. He said goodbye with class today – a lot of people had a lump in their throat.”

... preparations for Olympiacos: “We’re looking forwards and we have to concentrate on what’s ahead. I’m looking forward to the match against Olympiacos. The players have a responsibility now. On Wednesday I want to pick a team that will also be well-practised for Saturday. Javi Martínez will play in the centre of defence and Thomas Müller will also play.”

... his assistant coach Hermann Gerland: “I’m glad that Hermann was ready to step in straight away. He’s experienced, he knows the team and the players respect him.”

... the first training session: “We had a great session today, I’m thoroughly impressed. The boys were very lively. It was a short but sharp session, with a tactical element as well.”

… possible changes: “We’ll make the odd change. The goals we’ve been conceding were not Bayern-like. For me, it’s important the team are proactive. We need to defend from the front and try to win the ball back as quickly as possible. They’re the points we want to address.”

… his job: “It’s my job to speak to everyone and point out to them what they’re capable of and what I expect from them, but professional football is not a one-man show. We have lots of experts in the team who can all be involved. I’m a team player and I have a good connection with the players. I want to motivate them.”

… Thomas Müller: “I rate Thomas as a player and as a person. I’ve known him for a long time. Thomas is important for the club; he’s won everything there is to win here. He’s an important identity figure for Bayern Munich. On the pitch he’s very intelligent, he can carry players along with him and lead.”
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: "Professional football is not a one-man show"

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:05 pm

Mueller spielt immer!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fénix » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:49 pm

FCBayernNews wrote:... Niko and Robert Kovač: “I have come to regard Niko and Robert very highly over the past months, so it wasn’t an easy situation. Niko is always honest and straight to the point. He said goodbye with class today – a lot of people had a lump in their throat.”

So everyone except Karl, some of our players and 90% of people on the Bayernforum.com don't rate Niko Kovač highly, but Hans-Dieter Flick, Uli Hoeneß, fox Salihamidžić, legendary Bayern coaches(Hitzfeld and Heynckes), other German coaches, some journalists and columnists in German media, club legends and icons, ie former Bayern players and Bayern fans from Germany do rate high and have had a great respect for him, some even defended him, the whole Eintracht are still standing behind him.
If even some of them were critical towards the Croat, then the level of harshness and anger were light years away from the level on few forums.

I'm really confused if Kovač(even despite he's fired 2 days ago) is still extremely positive guy in Germany and is enjoying so much support and gets a lot of praise in German football, both as a man and as a coach from what I've read in the today and in the last 2 days and one year back. :? :? :?
However, all doubts shall be removed once we hire some top coach and if he eventually ends up in the same pot as the same bad soup worthless of eating like his 2 predecessors.
Then it's no longer gonna be about amateur, average, mediocre, controversial, defensive, attacking, top or world-class coaches, but the players and the board(which is all about those 2 Bayern commanders and it was long before Kovač and Ancelotti came here).

Really looking forward to see our team performing under Flick and the next coach after him just as I'm looking forward to see the 2nd part of Bayern's overhaul in 2020.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:53 pm

Well I have absolutely no doubt he’s a great guy and I wouldn’t mind having a beer with him but he showed absolutely nothing coaching-wise in almost 1.5 seasons.

Can you think of a single game this season or last where we pulled off a coaching masterclass that gave us a win? Maybe a game where we were losing and suddenly he made some tactical changes and we turned it around?

His high point remains the massive win vs BVB but just like Tottenham it was a bit of a fluke.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:13 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Well I have absolutely no doubt he’s a great guy and I wouldn’t mind having a beer with him but he showed absolutely nothing coaching-wise in almost 1.5 seasons.

Can you think of a single game this season or last where we pulled off a coaching masterclass that gave us a win? Maybe a game where we were losing and suddenly he made some tactical changes and we turned it around?

His high point remains the massive win vs BVB but just like Tottenham it was a bit of a fluke.

Bochum
FC **** LOSERS München!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Re:

Postby Fénix » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:23 pm

I agree with you about all what you've pointed out here, but the first sentence you wrote is like it doesn't correspond to the opinion outside of Bayern when I read reactions in German media and web space in these 2 days.

We were also criticizing Kovač in Croatia at some points of his reign, some of us wanted to sack him after he wins the Double, then again let's give him a chance and patience once we get rid of our veterans, senators... When our board can screw up everything before he was the chosen one, fail to invest, bla, bla, bla, bla, etc. etc.

But when I look at the German fanbase, comments on web articles and Bayern SN official pages and what Germans have written about him, articles on German sport sites, it's all like: "he's an awesome man, exactly what we wanted at Bayern... he is a very good coach... things didn't work because of many other factors within Bayern... some players sabotaged him even this season... the club barely gave him new players in August" or from some other German football side: "ahhhhh, so sad and too bad Bayern sacked him, na ja... things didn't fit in to become great and went in a positive direction for both the club and the coach" and such comments and statements.

I mean... What the hell is wrong with this club all these years??? :? :? :? :? All that I've written and then once again your first sentence - he didn't show anything, didn't know what to do, still couldn't accommodate to Bayern, see exactly how should Bayern function, offer anything specific to see that it really works and wants to be in our team, learn how to manage a top side and yet the opinion about his coaching qualities remain exactly the same as they were before he joined us - a good coach with a great potential to become a top stuff, knows what he wants, iron-handed, bla bla.

Now that all makes me totally confused and lost because in almost 70 offical matches we barely saw 7-8 great performances and all of them were in 2018/2019 and just Tottenham 7:2 in this season. :lol:

The only remaining solution for me is to cool off from all of this, just watch Bayern games and don't think of anything; beer, popcorn, sing Bayern songs and repeat how much I love Bayern and how passionate I am about it. :mrgreen: This story called FC Bayern has become more complicated than Mexican telenovelas. :lol:
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:36 pm

No idea what you read...

The general consensus is he's a likeable guy but failed to employ a system, plan or even structure... And that all development was standstill or even backwards...

You can be a "great coach" and not work at Bayern... Ancelotti is a great coach... So is Hütter, so are Favre, Bosz and Weinzierl
FC **** LOSERS München!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Re:

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:46 pm

#12 wrote:Ancelotti is a great coach

PUI: Posting Under Influence.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:48 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:Ancelotti is a great coach

PUI: Posting Under Influence.

Just because you - as the only one - think Ancelotti is worse than Kovac doesn’t make it true... Kovac will never win as many titles...
Plus you’re the only dude claiming he forced players not to train... The general consensus in Germany is that he failed because of the language barrier...
FC **** LOSERS München!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Re:

Postby Fénix » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:18 pm

#12 wrote:No idea what you read...

The general consensus is he's a likeable guy but failed to employ a system, plan or even structure... And that all development was standstill or even backwards...

And this is exactly my overall opinion about his short reign at FCB. Standstill last season in horrible conditions for any coach in the world and backwards after the dressing room was cleaned up this season.

Internal issues can't comment because I have no idea at all what they do and talk in the cabin behind closed doors and in public they all wear masks.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby r10 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:38 am

#12 wrote:you’re the only dude claiming he forced players not to train.
RL9 complained (in soft way in Polish interviews).
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Poland

Return to Official FC Bayern News