You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Podolski promises goals in rest of campaign

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Podolski promises goals in rest of campaign

Postby FCBayernNews » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:00 pm

Lucas Podolski put in an unusual extra training session in Dubai on Tuesday, sitting in front of an Xbox 360 provided by Bayern partner Microsoft for a "workout" with a so-called "E-coach". The striker yelled with glee every time he hit the virtual target, a shout of triumph he intends to repeat more often in the real world.

"I'm going for it from now on," the striker declared. The man named best Young Player at the World Cup has recorded 15 competitive appearance since switching to Bayern in July, but only three over the full 90 minutes. He is determined to improve on a tally of a goal apiece in the Bundesliga and Champions League as quickly as possible. "I believe I'll play more and score more often from now on," he insisted.

<b>Held back before Christmas</b>

Podolski's five-week lay-off with an ankle injury proved the least of his worries in the autumn. The 21-year-old, in common with fellow Germany youngsters Bastian Schweinsteiger and Philipp Lahm, suffered from an all-too-brief pre-season and low levels of physical and mental strength following the host nation's efforts over the summer.

The World Cup rates as ancient history now, Poldi explained. "I'm involved throughout the mid-season preparations and I feel fit," he explained, reporting that he had now settled in Munich after moving from Cologne six months ago. "I did need time to get used to it. It's definitely something else to leave home at 21 and start living alone with your girlfriend. But I'm feeling better and better in Munich."

<b>Confidence unaffected</b>

Podolski's mate Schweinsteiger had helped ease the switch, advising his pal "that you're expected to win every match in Munich. He has to get used to that, but it's in his blood anyway." Poldi himself reckons he is up to the task. "Pressure, pressure, all you hear about is pressure. I never feel under pressure," he declared.

The Germany icon is certainly at home with the game console in front of him, leading Barcelona to a 5-4 success against a Real Madrid side controlled by the "E-coach".
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News