You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Podolski poised to resume training

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Podolski poised to resume training

Postby FCBayernNews » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:10 pm

The players currently commanding first-choice status at the club enjoyed a second full day of rest on Monday, but the stars who either failed to feature or made only brief appearances in the 2-1 victory over Hamburg at the weekend were ordered in to the Säbener Strasse at short notice by coach Felix Magath for a punishing fitness session.

The workout involved a total of eleven players, including Sebastian Deisler and Andreas Görlitz, and no fewer than three goalkeepers in the shape of Michael Rensing, Bernd Dreher and Thomas Kraft. Apart from long-term casualties Owen Hargreaves and Valerien Ismael, both working their way back to fitness from broken legs, Mehmet Scholl was the only notable absentee, the veteran spending the morning in the weights room instead.

<b>Poldi reports fit</b>

Lukas Podolski has recovered from sprained ankle ligaments and went jogging on Monday. The Germany international had the ball at his feet again last week, and is confident of resuming the squad programme on Wednesday. "I'm not having any trouble now. I just want to complete two more days' preparatory work," the striker told <b>fcbayern.de</b>.

The developments on the injury front mean Magath effectively chooses from a full squad as Bayern approach a series of three home games in eight days, against Borussia Monchengladbach, Milan titans Internazionale, and Energie Cottbus. Some 24 stars are competing for 18 berths in the matchday squad, assuredly the kind of "problem" most coaches would be only too pleased to tackle.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:21 pm

Welcome back Poldi!!
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby diegis » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:23 pm

great :D :D :D
we have deisler and podolski fit :D
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby tracylynn » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:33 pm

:D That's great news!!! Last week they made it seem like him wasn't going to be back for a while. I'm so glad that his ankle is getting better and I hope he can play here soon.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby podolski4life » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:07 am

Great to see him back! :D
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:58 pm

Prince is back????

great news...;)
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Return to Official FC Bayern News