You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Podolski faces three weeks on the sidelines

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Podolski faces three weeks on the sidelines

Postby FCBayernNews » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:50 pm

Injuries are continuing to make an impact on the first-team squad, as the name of Lukas Podolski was added to a list of absentees including Valerien Ismaël, Owen Hargreaves and Lucio on Friday. The 21-year-old Germany striker damaged his right ankle in training on Thursday, and is likely to be sidelined for at least three weeks.

"It's a blow for Lukas," coach Felix Magath remarked on Friday evening, after the youngster had finally appeared to settle at his new club and claim a regular starting berth. "It's a massive shame he'll be out at a time when we have so many matches. But we'll give him all the support he needs, and have him back with the squad as soon as possible."

<b>Maierhofer called in as cover</b>

Poldi sustained the damage in a training ground collision with Mark van Bommel on Thursday. He resumed the session after treatment, but the ankle flared up overnight and the player reported to club doctor Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt on Friday lunchtime.

The medic has ordered the joint to be put in plaster for a week, followed by at least eight days rehab training, thus ruling Podolski out of the fixtures against Frankfurt, Sporting Lisbon, Schalke, Hanover, and Bayer Leverkusen.

Should the recovery go according to plan, Lukas could return to squad duty for the champions' home meeting with VfB Stuttgart on 18 November. Magath reacted to the news by calling up reserve striker Stefan Maierhofer as cover for Saturday's home meeting with Eintracht Frankfurt.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:09 pm

No!!!!!!!!! :cry: We don't need anymore injures!!!

I wonder will he be ready to play with the NT against Cyprus on November 15th or will they ask him not to participate in that game?
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mirage » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:24 pm

tracylynn wrote:No!!!!!!!!! :cry: We don't need anymore injures!!!

I wonder will he be ready to play with the NT against Cyprus on November 15th or will they ask him not to participate in that game?

I read that Germany will have to do without him :(
This is sooo bad. It's come at such a bad time, when his play was struggling and he was focussing on getting back to top form and now this happens. What a blow for the guy.
He's missing about 4 Bundesliga games AND the CL game AND Cyprus game. He'll probably start on the bench on the 18th, as a precaution.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:12 am

Yeah, I read on GOLTV's site that he won't be able to play for the NT next month. Boo-hoo :cry: I just love watching the NT and he was just on fire (with the NT) that it's gonna be weird seeing Klose play without Podolski by his side.

I just hope Lukas and all the other players get well soon because Bayern needs them.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:00 am

it might turn out even better for him... young players tend to suffer more from burnout and end up not developing to their full potential.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Return to Official FC Bayern News