You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Petersen: Luckily, I can't do Bayern any harm

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Petersen: Luckily, I can't do Bayern any harm

Postby FCBayernNews » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:30 pm

Nils Petersen made 15 appearances for Bayern last season before leaving for a year on loan to Werder Bremen, where 'Peddo' is currently enjoying a purple patch: he lies joint sixth with Thomas Müller in the Bundesliga scoring chart on 11 goals. The 24-year-old is relishing his return to the Allianz Arena on Saturday. We present extracts from Nils' pre-match interview with club journal Bayern Magazin.

Interview: Nils Petersen

Bayern Magazin: Nils, the cool, clear air of the north clearly suits you. In Bremen's defeat to Freiburg you chalked up your 16th scorer point of the season, and you have 11 goals so far, with a brace in each of Werder's last two home games...
Nils Petersen: I grew up in the east, I moved to the south with Bayern, and now I've landed in the north. I've always felt good personally wherever I've been, but you're right: it's going really well for me professionally at present. But what we went through against Freiburg has never happened to me before - I scored twice but had nothing to smile about afterwards.

How do you feel about returning to the Allianz Arena for the first time this Saturday?
Very positive! As a newcomer from Cottbus, I had a good time at Bayern and learned a lot. I played in all three competitions, and never regretted moving to Munich. I'm looking forward to the stadium and seeing former team-mates again. And fortunately, Bayern's position in the table is so comfortable, I can't do them any harm with Bremen (laughs).

Have coach Thomas Schaaf or any of your team-mates spoken to you about Bayern?
No, and I don't think they need to either. Everyone knows everything about Bayern. Obviously, just like when we play anyone else, we'll analyse them thoroughly, but we all know what awaits us, and we know it'll be a really tough challenge. The way the team just keeps on winning is so impressive, and they're not letting goals either! Maybe Bayern will have a rare off day and we can profit from that.

Your loan agreement with Bremen expires in the summer. Any idea what might happen next?
I genuinely enjoyed my year in Munich, but the most important thing for every player is regular football. So I'll wait and see what Bayern have planned for me. I'm basically in a very good situation: if FCB say I'm an integral part of their plans, I'll be happy to return. If that's not the case, I could very well imagine my future being here with Werder.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News