You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Ottl: I have to keep working on my game

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Ottl: I have to keep working on my game

Postby FCBayernNews » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:35 pm

Andreas Ottl was much in demand on Wednesday lunchtime when Bayern fans sent in hundreds of questions in a live chat with the man of the moment at the club. <b>fcbayern.de</b> reviews the highlights of another exciting chat session hosted by <b>FCB.tv</b>.

<b>Andreas Ottl on...</b>

<b>...his goals for this season:</b> "I have to make sure I don't become self-satisfied, but continue to put in good performances and make as many appearances as I can. My target at the start of the season was to play myself into the team. It's gone very well up to now, but I still have to keep working on my game."

<b>...a regular place in the team:</b> "There are no guaranteed starting places at Bayern, there's just too much competition. You have to try and give consistent performances, and let the coach know he can rely on you. I'm a hard runner and I can put in a lot of work for the team, and I'm also a safe passer of the ball."

<b>...his prospects in the German national team:</b> "Obviously it's every player's goal to play at EURO 2008. It would be wonderful if I got the chance, but you can only put yourself forward for the national team by playing well. That's what I'm trying to do, that's what's in my hands. We'll just have to see what happens in the future."

<b>...his most memorable moment with Bayern:</b> "That was the goal to seal the championship last season in Kaiserslautern, and my first Bundesliga appearance in Leverkusen. Naturally, these are the highlights of a footballing career. I'm hoping there will be a few more to come."

<b>...Bayern's chances in the Champions League:</b> "I believe we have a team capable of causing problems for anyone we meet. Form on the day is always what counts in the Champions League. I think, with a little luck, we could be good for a surprise."

<b>...the teams he regards as favourites for the Champions League:</b> "Definitely holders Barcelona, and Chelsea would expect to feature. Lyon could definitely be the surprise package."

<b>...his favourite place in Munich:</b> "I live right on the banks of the river Isar. It's wonderful there, and you always get a moment's peace and quiet. I like going to the cinema or a nice restaurant, but I don't really have any very special place."

<b>...his relationship with Mehmet Scholl:</b> "I have a very good relationship with him. Mehmet has always given me a huge amount of help. And he's someone I also get along with in my private life."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News