You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Newcomer Usami has sights set high

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Newcomer Usami has sights set high

Postby FCBayernNews » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:20 pm

Takashi Usami has already learned one very important lesson of being a Bayern player: the club's first Japanese signing greeted reporters to his official unveiling on Monday lunchtime at the Allianz Arena with a typically Bavarian "Servus!" The 19-year-old, who is in Munich on a one-year loan from Japanese first division outfit Gamba Osaka, continued in near-perfect German: "My name is Takashi Usami, but please call me Takashi."

As of last Friday, the versatile forward has been based in Munich, and took part in his first official squad training session on Sunday. "He's a young, lively player, who's keen to find out more and willing to learn. He's a very appealing character too," declared head coach Jupp Heynckes. "He's a good lad and very hard-working."

"We were very interested indeed in signing a back-up for wingers Franck Ribéry and Arjen Robben," FCB director of sport Christian Nerlinger explained. "We've been watching him for a long time, and we think he has huge potential as an attacking player. I'm sure we'll enjoy having him with us."

"And in his first couple of squad sessions, he's demonstrated that potential," continued Nerlinger, who nevertheless emphasised the gulf between the Japanese J-League and the Bundesliga in general, and FC Bayern in particular. "We'll give him the time he needs, and we'll support him as best we can." Heynckes appreciates there may be settling-in problems: "Everything will be new for him here, and he'll definitely need a little time to integrate."

Aiming for playing time and goals

Usami came across as calm, polite and even a trifle shy at his unveiling, his first-ever visit to the Allianz Arena. He is looking to be more of a dominant presence in his future appearances at Munich's magnificent stadium. "I want to play as often as possible and score goals," said the Japan U-20 starlet, who is equally at home on the wings and in a more central position.

He described the first impressions of his new club as "extremely positive. I already thought the level at Bayern Munich would be exceptionally high, and the first training sessions have confirmed that thought." Usami revealed he had been "impressed the most" with superstar pairing Ribéry and Robben, "and they have a similar style to my own."

FCB had anticipated a media scrum on Monday, but Japan's unexpected and extraordinary triumph in the previous evening's FIFA Women's World Cup final meant many reporters were deployed elsewhere. "I'm extremely proud of the Japanese team for keeping going right to the end and claiming the trophy," Usami beamed. The player is now aiming to settle into daily Bundesliga life as quickly as "my very good friend" Shinji Kagawa, Borussia Dortmund's best player in the first half of last season. If he achieves that, the Japanese press will soon be flocking back to Munich, where he will doubtless greet them with a typically Bavarian "Servus".
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Newcomer Usami has sights set high

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:33 pm

FCBayernNews wrote:"He's a young, lively player, who's keen to find out more and willing to learn. He's a very appealing character too," declared head coach Jupp Heynckes. "He's a good lad and very hard-working."

Music to my ears :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Return to Official FC Bayern News