You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Neuer: FC Bayern is one big family

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Neuer: FC Bayern is one big family

Postby FCBayernNews » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:50 pm

FCB keeper Manuel Neuer kept a comfortable clean sheet in last Monday's DFB Cup first round victory over Braunschweig, although in all honesty, the Germany star was a virtual spectator on the evening. "The Bayern keeper usually doesn't have many saves to make, so you have to be alert all the time," Neuer warned in Thursday's FCB.tv video chat session. We've picked out a selection of Manuel's answers to the host of questions put to him by fans.

Live video chat with Manuel Neuer:

Caro: Hallo Manu, at what point in your career did you decide to become a goalkeeper?
Neuer: "Right at the start. As a little lad, I was the new kid for a kickabout on a recreation ground, and there wasn't a keeper. The coach told me to go in goal, on a shale pitch too. But I did pretty well, and I basically never came out of goal."

Bazi: Who do you sit next to in the dressing room, and which of the players do you talk to the most?
Neuer: "I sit next to Philipp Lahm, and he's the member of the team I talk to most, because we get along very well. But I already knew a number of the other players from the Germany team."

Familie Pierce: What are your first impressions of FCB?
Neuer: "I'm positively surprised. The club is extremely professional in every way. The staff is very large, and every one is a pro in his or her area, which the players appreciate. FC Bayern is one big family."

Livio-Michel-Tandel: Who is your idol? And what do you think of Oliver Kahn?
Neuer: "I'm 25, but I've been in the business quite a while now, so I don't really have a role model any more, as I focus on myself. But my idol as a kid was Edwin van der Saar, because he was a keeper who always joined in with the play. Kahn was extremely ambitious and totally focused. The Bayern keeper usually doesn't have many saves to make, so you have to be alert all the time, and he was superb in that respect."

yurono: What's your prediction for the Gladbach clash?
Neuer: "I hope we keep a clean sheet and win. The important thing is that we all think about defending, and that we shout the right orders and instructions. That's the only way to optimise our defensive play."

Buttlinger: Do you like Bavarian specialities?
Neuer: "Leberknödelsuppe [liver dumpling soup] isn't bad. I also really like Kaiserschmarrn [sugared pancake]. I can allow myself that, because we work so hard on the field." (laughs)

Benjamin Funk: Could you see yourself finishing your career in Munich?
Neuer: "I can certainly imagine that happening, but we'll have to wait an see how things work out for me here. First of all, I want to settle in properly, and we'll see what happens after that."

The full-length video chat with Manuel Neuer is available to view now on FCB.tv!
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Neuer: FC Bayern is one big family

Postby München Minded » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:30 pm

Like how he needed to add some words about Kahn when asked about his idol and he said Edwin VdS. For political reasons to appease everyone, maybe he should have answered "Without a doubt my idol is Kahn!" -- curious how it goes down with the extreme fan clubs.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:53 pm

Well he's saying what he's said a thousand times before - saying what you suggested would be, well, blatant lies.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby bayern_loyal » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:21 am

München Minded wrote:Like how he needed to add some words about Kahn when asked about his idol and he said Edwin VdS. For political reasons to appease everyone, maybe he should have answered "Without a doubt my idol is Kahn!" -- curious how it goes down with the extreme fan clubs.

That's stupid man... I hate players that talk like that, honestly...
bayern_loyal
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News